Inactive 8-step completed / logs included

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffykitten

This system seems to be running pretty good, no virus or anything like that but take a look at the logs and see if I can get any more speed out of this, not really slow, idk, I just did what the 8-step process was and logs are included so please take a look what I shall do now.

This is a Dell Inspiron E1505, I know dells put a lot of unwanted software, just a thought. any removal ?

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    10.5 KB · Views: 3
  • mbam-log-2010-04-16 (10-40-54).txt
    1 KB · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 04-14-2010 - 19-36-52.log
    3.4 KB · Views: 2
after running msconfig and looking at the startup - I don't know exactly what to look for in here. I would like to attach a screen shot.

Please take a look at this, I see two problems

MSCONFIG screenshot of startup

You will see that I unchecked two startup items - McAfee since norton is running and a odd startup item with just a square and another square under Command.

Complaint when I recieved this laptop was when it started it tried to install programs that were not really there, anyways I just removed those by add/remove programs and that complaint is fixed... The other complaint was system running slow, for a 4 year old laptop, I feel it is running pretty quick.

I am returning it today, I don't know which programs the person wants to keep so I will get it back on monday or tuesday and hopefully by then the logs and screen shot attached can point me in the right dirrection for any more cleaning.

What really got the system faster was cleaning all the Temp internet files, cookies, index.dat files - wasn't done since the machine was bought 4 years ago lol, massive ammount that I deleted just in this area alone.

Anyways I can't think of anything else, so please help me out..

Thanks.

Attachments

• msconfig screenshot.GIF
    msconfig screenshot.GIF
    56.6 KB · Views: 1
I almost posted screenshots of the services running at bootup, didn't realize hijackthis has a log of all of the them so nevermind.

So I assume someone will look at the log and determine what is safe to shut down, I have no idea really when it comes to this area.

First of all, you had some infection, so we have to check, if everything is gone.
Secondly, run McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/McAfee-Consumer-Product-Removal-Tool.shtml to remove McAfee leftovers.

========================================================================

Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

=======================================================================

Download GMER: http://www.gmer.net/files.php, by clicking on Download EXE button.
Alternative downloads:
- http://majorgeeks.com/GMER_d5198.html
- http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...ers/GMER.shtml
Double click on downloaded .exe file, select Rootkit tab and click the Scan button.
Do NOT use the computer while GMER is running!
When scan is completed, click Save button, and save the results as gmer.log
Warning ! Please, do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Post the log.

========================================================================

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back