8 step guide-more info please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritton

was reading the 8 step guide and the 2 recommented anti-virus were
Avira Free
Avast Free

what i would like to know is what about AVG (free) with Vcleaner (what gets what avg can't)
is that a good programme

also my brother has theatfire i haven't heard of it before, i was wondring how that is

CCleaner and Hijackthis i would like to know what these programmes are and what they do

and the people who read the log files (and understand them) what coures to you have to do to be able to learn about them and how to read them.

thanks for any help

AVG always finds tracking cookies, even though i keep track of my cookies and always delete them when i close the brower (well i set to do it automaticly)

the highest i have had is about 55
i recenly did changed the anti virus on my parents computer as they had McAfee (it was only taking 50% of the computer resouces and they were complaning it was slow) and they had over 400

ok why was this post moved into the one above when they are differant subjects?

and.. what is your point on the tracking cookies?

Avira and Avast did better than AVG in a review. That is not to say AVG is not a good program. Its just Avira and Avast are better and we recommend them.

I wouldn't use other programs that are relatively unheard of.

CCleaner cleans all your browser temporary files, cookies, registry etc.
HJT, or HijackThis, is a program designed for diagnostic purpose in malware cleaning. It reads 24 different areas where windows loads during boot up and displays their settings. See more HERE.

It takes alot of patience to learn how to clearn malware. If you are determined to learn more about malware cleaning then may I recommend you visit Malware Removal University for training.

ok so what do you know about theatfire

and my point about tracking cookies is i want to know what they are
i know what cookies are but i want to what tracking cookies are and my anti virus picks them up

Well, personally I don't know how good is threatfire. I would recommend sticking to the tried and tested free ones that come out tops in reviews.

Tracking cookies are usually harmless see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
You should try google first and if you have any further in-depth questions you can raise them here for discussion. You'd be surprised at the amount of information you can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back