8 step removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I began to experience the problems that had been listed by several users, so I followed the instructions. I'm hoping it worked. My daughter uses my computer as well and has been given downloading instructions. I use my computer for everything and really can't afford to wipe it all out.

I can't find the CCLog. I saved it but don't know where it went. I went back to CCleaner and do not see an option to view log. Please help.

Lisa

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-02-24 (00-29-39).txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
  • hijackthis.log
    9.6 KB · Views: 1
You do have a badly infected system! Unfortunately, when you ran Malwarebytes, you didn't check for it to remove what it found- so the Trojans and the Worms and the files they infected show No action Taken

Please update Mbam and rescan. Take care to Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. Leave the new log.

I don't want anything from CCleaner, but I do want the Superantispyware log. Did you run that program? It has a similar line to check for removal so be sure it's checked.

HijackThis doesn't work with the 64 bit operating systems. Please use the following instead:
Please download OTS to your Desktop
  • Close all other programs.
  • Double-click on OTS.exe to start the program.
  • Check the box that says Scan All Users
  • Under Additional Scans check the following:
    [o] Reg - Shell Spawning
    [o] File - Lop Check
    [o] File - Purity Scan
    [o] Evnt - EvtViewer (last 10)
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.

Attach the report in next reply.

Bobbye

As you said my computer was badly infected. I was forced to take my computer to be serviced and cleaned. I have since learned what 2P2 file sharing is. I won't be doing that anymore.

Thank you for reviewing my thread. Once I realized what was happening I was able to figure out what needed to be done.

Thank you for the update. Here is some information that might be of help:

P2P or 'file sharing
Note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe.
  • As long as you are using file sharing networks and programs which are from sources that are not documented, you cannot verity that a download is legitimate.
  • Malware writers use these program to include malicious content.
  • Fie sharing is usually unmonitored and there is a danger that your private files might be accessed.
  • The 'sharing' also includes malware that the shared system has on it.
  • Files that are illegal can be spread through file sharing.

Please read the information on P2P Warning to help you better understand these dangers.

Consider these programs for Extra Security
  • Spywareblaster:
  • SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX. It places kill bits to stop bad Active X controls from being installed. Remember to update it regularly.
  • IE/Spyad
  • This places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
  • MVPS Hosts files This replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer.
  • Google Toolbar Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back