8 steps done. This is my hijackthis log

Status
Not open for further replies.

narlina

Please help :(

I've done all the 8 steps. the malwares have been cleared, but I still cannot run task manager. everytime I press CTRL ALT DEL, there's this notepad file popping out from nowhere.

before this the search and run buttons on start menu were missing, but after the 8 steps I got them back. but the task manager still cannot be opened

HELP!

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
Yes you have Vbs.Sasan.N. Worm here:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [h4ck3v1l] C:\WINDOWS\h4ck3v1l.vbs

And some strange startup here:
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=

But where are the 3 logs? (we got 1 out of 3 ;) )

You can open HJT and tick and fix the above two at least. From there no idea. (ie really need the logs)

here are the logs..

i also can't run any setup. the notepad thing comes out again when i do that.

Well your 30seconds ! quick scan with Malwarebytes is ironically not good enough.
And it required updating too.

Startup Malwarebytes, update it, then run a full scan, remove all found malwares once complete
Provide the log

Startup HJT scan and remove (by ticking then selecting fix) to these two entries
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [h4ck3v1l] C:\WINDOWS\h4ck3v1l.vbs
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=
Restart, and then provide a new HJT log, as an attachment

erm, i've deleted those.

here's the log
That's great news :grinthumb

Also do this:

IE Reset
https://www.techspot.com/vb/post682762-2.html

And then this:

Download Combofix
Lots of info on its use h e r e
Direct download h e r e

Locate the downloaded Combofix. Double click on it to run, answering any prompts along the way
Note: during Combofix scan (lasting up to 10mins) your Desktop and clock may reset (all normal)
ComboFix will also restart your computer (eventually) and then (eventually) create a log

Save this log file to be attached to a new reply

Restart

Then do another scan with HJT (scan and log file) and attach this to a new reply as well

Whilst waiting for my reply, you may want to re-open Malwarebytes; update it again; and then run another full scan (I'm thinking there may still be more uncovered malwares to remove) I would do this ;)

okay i've downloaded combofix but i can't run the setup

the error says application failed to initialize because windows station is shutting down.

You may need to run Combofix in Safe Mode
Just press F8 key before Windows starts loading, then select Safe Mode, then log into your Administrator account
Locate Combofix (hopefully somewhere easy to find)

Then run it :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back