80C+ temps on my RX 570 4gb

So, my Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 4gb gpu is hitting around 80c+ (maxed out at 84c) while playing The Witcher 3 and my framerates are capped @60 fps (tho I cap my fps @ 60 because my monitor is only 60hz), I also set my graphics settings to medium-high, turned off AA and ambient occlusion.

I don't have this problem with any other gpu demanding games, for example, in GTA V my gpu temps only reaches 63c -70c max (with settings cranked up to high-very high), and my RX 570 is stock, no OC . Is this normal for RX 570 gpus? if not, what solution should I do?

I'd say that 80-84 deg. C is a little too high for a Radeon RX 570 - looking around at various reviews seems to indicate mid-to-low 70s is a more typical peak figure.

Given that it's only occurring in Witcher 3, I'd suggest creating a custom fan profile just for that game. Here's AMD's guide on how to do this:

The above shows you how to create a profile for a specific application; then use Profile Wattman to create the custom fan vs temperature response:

Witcher 3 packs in a lot more shaders than GTAV does, so it works the compute units a fair bit harder.

Back