9500 gt problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all
ive recently bought a few bits n pieces to give my old computer a bit of an upgrade my specs are.

dual core pentium e5200 2.5ghz
gigabyte G31M-S2l mobo
4 gig ddr2 ram
xp with service pack 2
350w antec "might be the problem might not."

i also bought a gigabyte 9500gt==== gigabyte.com.tw/products/vga/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3025

but when i try to install the card it says that "Gigabyte does not support this VGA card".... ive hunted around the net for some answers but came back with none. im thinking that it might have something to do with the VGA card is pcie 2.0 and my mobo is only pcie x16 any help would be much appreciated or point me in the right direction of a gfx card that will actually work with my pc......

thanks

It should be backwards compatible so it shouldn't matter. Maybe your motherboard BIOS needs an update.

There are a couple of ways to update the BIOS on your motherboard but it carries some risk if you decide to do it. Check your motherboard manual. If you don't have one, you can download a copy from the Gigabyte website. See pages 33 and 64 for information and procedures on how to flash the BIOS.

For the two methods described in the manual, you will need a working graphics card installed so you'll have to install the old card back in so you can see what you're doing.

i dont have another graphics card lol its a new mother board an new gfx card... the mobo does have intel intergrated graphics media accelerator installed though... if that has anything to with it.

Good. Use the integrated graphics. Make sure its driver is installed. If you're not sure if it is, check the Device Manager for any yellow symbols next to any devices. Those need drivers.

Wait. If this is a new motherboard, maybe you haven't installed all of the motherboard chipset drivers yet. If not, install your drivers and then that might enable the installation of the graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back