9500gt to HDTV getting snow/static in picture

qwiksilvertrav

Hi all. First of the components/displays I'm dealing with.
Running Windows XP SP3
I have a Nvidia 9500GT video card.
I'm using a Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23' monitor as my desktop display connected with a DVI cable. I also have a 46' Samsung HDTV that I'm using as my secondary display connected via HDMI cable.
Both displays are running at their native resolution of 1920X1080 and I have the card running in clone mode.

My picture looks great on the Syncmaster monitor, however on the HDTV I get a snowflake affect. Little dots in the dark areas on my desktop...almost looks like a sparkle effect. It's not BAD but you can see it. Now it really gets annoying when playing movies in 16:9 or any that have blacked borders. I get heavy snow or lines (sometimes colored ones) on the top and bottom black borders of my screen. How can I get rid of this "snow" or "interference"? I've played with the settings and just can't get it figured out!
I'm assuming it must be something on the TV's side since my monitors picture is just fine. Or is it something the video card is sending out that isn't compatible with the TV?
Thanks in advance!

Nevermind figured it out! Set the video card's refresh rate to 30hz instead of 60 and was all good. I found this weird though because the HDTV is 60hz so you would think that would work? Anyways all good now!

Back