A "message box" like thing with nothing inside appear before logging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopu

It all started by sorting out a problem happened in the computer which I work with. I am really thankful to techspot for helping me unknowingly to clear out some adwares and malwares which had caught my computer through some site. Those ware really screwing my head up and were injecting more viruses into my system.
After a few days frustration I found the a thread in techspot through google. That was posted by Mr. Julio, Executive Ediotor (Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions). I followed the steps and it worked and my system is clean now. It also helped in finding and destroying some sleeping malwares in my system. Gopu.

HI,
Since I have cleaned all the viruses, a "message box" like thing appears with an unrecognizable title and nothing or something written in very small letter, ex: windows\system32\mui\xpsp2res.dll at a random every time I press ctrl+alt+del before logging in to my computer. It also has an "OK" button only when entered leads me to the LogIn box, i.e to give the login name and password.
I don't know why this appears all the time I try to login.
Can anyone please help me clear this out.

Thanks,
Gopu.

A lot depends on whether you really have a 'clean' comoputer and what programs you load at boot time.

A reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894472

Does this happen in Safe Mode booting?

You could try using start, run, msconfig and unchecking all the startup entries to see if one of them is causing the problem.

The same for start, run, services EXCEPT check the 'hide all Microsoft services' first so you don't stop them from loading.

gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back