A new chair from Arcadeo Gaming lets you feel the action in your games with 'SmartSense'...

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
Why it matters: If you are in the market for a new gaming chair and would like one that rumbles, Arcadeo Gaming has one for you. Its chair provides haptic feedback on the seat and back and can connect to virtually any device including your TV. It should be out before the end of the year.

Accessory startup Arcadeo Gaming unveiled a smart chair at CES 2020 that aims to make both games and movies more immersive. The chair connects to PCs, consoles, televisions, and even VR headsets via USB-C. It has 10 haptic zones to translate on-screen events like shooting and explosions into vibrations.

The haptic actuators embedded in the back and seat are driven by a 16-core processor that intelligently reads audio using Arcadeo's "SmartSense" system rather than data produced by the source. What this means is that it will work with any game, movie, or television show without developers needing to add extra coding to make it compatible.

Arcadeo also has an app that will allow users to customize vibrations to their preferences. Each transducer (four on the back, six on the seat) has adjustable strength and frequency settings for ultimate control of which zones are affected by noises and by how much. If you prefer just the back rumbling, turn off the seat haptics. Want to feel only the explosions and not every gunshot? You can do that too by adjusting the sensitivity. The app also allows control of the LED lighting system lining the back and seat of the chair.

The Arcadeo Gaming Chair is by no means the first to offer haptics. Last fall, Acer announced its "budget-friendly" Predator Thronos Air, which had much more than haptics. However, by budget-friendly, it meant $14,000 instead of the $20,000 for its standard Thronos chair.

Arcadeo is looking to release its throne later this year for around $800, which is a bit more reasonable for a multipurpose gaming seat, but still a bit expensive. The company has not started taking orders yet, but you can check out the full list of specs on its dedicated website.

Permalink to story.

I mean it's cool but it still has holes in the headrest..

My biggest wants in the "gamer" chairs are adjustable lumbar support, TILTING HEADREST and a tiltable seat. Mostly tilting headrest because of the way they build these headrests that promote forward head posture.

Throw out the pillows, RGB, haptics and the silly side protrusions that just roll your shoulders forward for bad posture.

I'm not sure who started the entire idea of "race car seats" for a gaming computer setup but these things are not comfortable - which is evident by all the necessary add-on pillows.

They aren't even comfortable in cars.

Do yourself a favor, ignore the advertising for this nonsense and get a chair that's actually good for your back.
"Once you up your budget, standard office chairs start to leave gaming chairs in the dust in terms of comfort and ergonomics. They are not restricted to a particular trendy form factor that gaming chairs are subject to, and as such can innovative with flexible materials, 3D headrests, dynamic lumbar support, and more."

Last edited:
Idk but all the ergonomic guides I used to look at said have the keyboard at xx inches above ground. It really depends on how tall you are. Your torso size and arm length. I can't sit up straight in my chair and type on my pull out keyboard thing comfortably. I think KBM desk height is very important, we worry about our chairs but that's something that needs to be adjustable. And of course pillows on the armchairs.

Yeah but if you lean in order to pass a little gas, what's that going to do to it?

I'm not sure who started the entire idea of "race car seats" for a gaming computer setup but these things are not comfortable - which is evident by all the necessary add-on pillows.

They aren't even comfortable in cars.
Probably following the same rules of the fashion industry: "screw how comfy it is, make it look fabulous!" XD

If you buy one of these 'gaming chairs' you are a muppet. they are very cheap to make and they over charge dumb people for it. getting a good office chair is far better, cheaper and more comfortable than these garbage.

Ever since I "gifted" myself with a Steelcase Gesture I can't sit on anything "less" in terms of comfort.
The only drawback is that I often find it occupied by my girlfriend, guess I'll have to buy another one.

I've went through a couple of "gamer" chairs and they all started showing either extensive wiggle or seams tearing after 1-2 years while the Gesture still looks and feels as new.

I get that prices for serious office chairs seem steep but they also come with a 5-10 year warranty and customer service is usually pretty helpful apart from obvious missuse.

If you really don't have the budget the Ikea Markus/Järvfjället are pretty good when it comes to price/value and they don't break the bank while being a lot more ergonomic (opinion)

Back