A new pair of gaming headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maltar7

Hi guys...

I would like to purchase a pair of headphones which would offer the best sound quality of both worlds.

I mainly use my headphones for gaming (3 hours) and listening to music (3 hours), I pretty much do a even amount of both of my hobbies each day,

Would the AKG K701 be ideal for these types of environments?

More info on the AKG K701

I was currently in the market for a gaming headset. But as i came across these headphones these seem the better viable options.
AS if i were to purchase a gaming headset i would only be able to enjoy one of my hobbies.

I know these headphones aren't designed for gaming but the headphones offer good bass and response time which is essential in gaming.

My question to you is i currently game on a Sony plays station 3, would these headphones be compatible with the Sony plays station 3?

More info on Sony plays station 3

One connectivity that i am certain that the Sony plays station 3 supports is USB.

Now i know that the headphones do not come with a USB adaptor (quote me if i am wrong), but is it possible to buy one of these for this headphone.
Or some other kind of adaptor that will enable the headphones to work with the Sony plays station 3.

Again I’m sure that the Sony plays station 3 has more connectivity so could you please research this.

Another question i would like to ask is, say for example these headphones are not compatible with the Sony plays station 3, Could you guys recommend one which performs similar?

Also if i were to buy this headphone and use it for gaming would i get the same gaming experience as if i were using a gaming headset?
By that i mean "you can hear people sneaking up behind you "with a gaming headset would this be the same for the headphones?

My budget is £200

Thanks to all that contribute

I'm not sure if the PS3 supports USB headsets like a PC does. I also don't know for sure that the USB ports on the console are 2.0, because the only thing I use them for are charging the controllers. I could try my USB headset a little later to test it out... but most USB headsets just convert to regular 3.5mm jacks anyways. If you have an audio receiver you could use optical audio with the PS3 and then connect your headset that way. I actually use my PC's sound card as my receiver and connect my phones through the computer. Of course I need the computer on when I use the PS3 but there are a number of options with any headset.

As far as actual headsets go, there are a LOT of options and tiers in terms of quality. I have the GameCom 777 by Plantronics and they are plenty good for what I need them for. Those AKG's seem really nice from the reviews but are very expensive. I paid well under $100 for my headset and they are by far the best I've owned. Just go with what you like...

I'm not sure if the PS3 supports USB headsets like a PC does. I also don't know for sure that the USB ports on the console are 2.0, because the only thing I use them for are charging the controllers. I could try my USB headset a little later to test it out... but most USB headsets just convert to regular 3.5mm jacks anyways. If you have an audio receiver you could use optical audio with the PS3 and then connect your headset that way. I actually use my PC's sound card as my receiver and connect my phones through the computer. Of course I need the computer on when I use the PS3 but there are a number of options with any headset.

As far as actual headsets go, there are a LOT of options and tiers in terms of quality. I have the GameCom 777 by Plantronics and they are plenty good for what I need them for. Those AKG's seem really nice from the reviews but are very expensive. I paid well under $100 for my headset and they are by far the best I've owned. Just go with what you like...

I could by a standard 3.5ml jack converter as my TV Supports this , all i want to know is how would i be able to receive sound from the ps3 just like a normal tv but through the headphones?

I'm guessing you mean by using the standard component cable that ships with the PS3? If so, you could probably find an RCA (or comp cable) to 3.5mm adapter... something like this.

OK Thanks

I'm guessing you mean by using the standard component cable that ships with the PS3? If so, you could probably find an RCA (or comp cable) to 3.5mm adapter... something like this.

OH Can you help me with this also:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back