Abit A8N lan problem (nForce4 chipset)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, sorry for the topic, but I didn't find any solution for my problem.

I have an Abit A8N motherboard with nForce4 chipset, and my lan port doesn't work. I don't know, what can be the reason of this problem, but it's annoying enough.
I set the value in the BIOS 'Enabled' and installed the driver of my motherboard.
Rarely the LEDs of the lan port are blinking, but when I sign up Windows, the system says: "Network cable is unplugged" . :confused:
I read many forums, and - I think - I'm not the only one with my problem, but I didn't find any good solution.

My short story: 2 days before I tried to plug a lan cable into my lan port (beetween a ruter and my PC), and i wondered that the led's are blinking. After that I installed the Windows, and during the installation the led-s shows that the lan is operating. Well, XP is done, I must install motherboard drivers...but when the setup utility makes the lan driver, it shows "Network cable is unplugged" again.

Is this a configuration problem, or a hardware failure?

I haven't got any idea to solve my problem, please help me!!! Thanks...

Go to Start > Run > devmgmt.msc > Ok. You should have a window in front of you displaying your hardware devices. Does anything have a question mark next to it?

I assume you meant that you have an Abit AN8, not an Abit A8N. If that is the case, here is the page of drivers for your motherboard.

No, there isn't any question mark...all devices are right. The nForce Networking Controller says: "This device is working properly."

(Yes, you're right, my mobo is an AN8. I confused it with the same ASUS board.)

Haha, sorry.

I was suggesting that I think your NIC or motherboard is defective if it's a known issue, and you're able to set the network up with the same components on another PC.

Yes, it's a cheap solution, I know.
But I think, maybe there is a problem with the phisically connection. I mean, the cable is connected without any problem, but there is a cut-off point "inside my lan port", and I'm afraid, I can't repair it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back