About Sophos Anti Virus

learninmypc

@Broni @Julio Franco @jobeard @Cycloid Torus

Why all this
These commodities, technology, or software were exported from the United States in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. These products are subject to U.S. law even after they are exported from the U.S. Any party handling these goods (including non-U.S. individuals and entities) is subject to U.S. law and may not re-export or otherwise transfer these items to prohibited countries, individuals, companies, governments, or other entities. Violators may be subject to penalties including fines and the denial of permissions to export and re-export U.S. origin products. The export control laws and regulations of other countries may apply in addition to those of the United States.
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/suppor...lementId=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 to get sophos?

IMHO it is merely an illusion of control over software. Maybe it gives someone something they can gripe about - even to the level that a sanction might be declared and even enforced. It is obviously more useful for controlling physical items (like weapons systems) than software with GMO seeds somewhere in between.

I understand that, but other removal tools simply let you know there is a newer version. Not having to remove old version to use new. . Thanks thou :)

I quite literally just reset this laptop to factory settings. I was/am having slow loading of pages problem & going thru threads in here & google suggestions running a virus program so one of them was Sophos. I already had it on the laptop & decided to run it when it told me it couldn't find it on the network & other weird things which is why I started this thread.
In a nutshell, if I have to remove it just to use it a week or so later, forget it.

Back