Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on

Hi guys,

I have an acer aspire one KAV60 mini laptop, It was dropped and the LCD panel was broken. I used it with an external VGA monitor while the ebay LCD purchased arrived home. I didnt use the laptop for 1 month.

Today the LCD panel arrived, I changed it right away. But as soon I connected the flex cable LCD panel when On with a white light like if the LED Backlight was connected directly.

Laptop was turned off when this happens. If I turn the laptop On, then the LCD panel goes black (Led light turns off) HD powers on, vent powers on, power led is on, if I plug the AC adapter then charge led is on; but no Bios logo at all. Like if the BIOS operations where dead at all.

LCD was used but in good shape as quoted by the seller on ebay. Now, if the screen was in "short circuit" when purchased could this mess up the whole laptop? Could a defective LCD panel cause the motherboard to die?

Or could the motherboard die just becaus it cans, and that to be the reason why the LCD panel goes on white light? What do you think can be wrong now with my laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Back