Acer notebook 5610 rocker switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

richncali

I had to reformat my hard drive and after installing all the drivers, I am still unable to work my rocker switch.
If you go to: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?p=1118994 and scroll halfway down the page, you will see a good image of the touchpad and right below it you will find like a beveled out dircle within a square which is the rocker switch.
Please let me know if there is an easy solution to this.

Rocker switch on notebook

Apparently, you're not too familiar w/laptops? Did you check out the website that shows you a photo of this switch?

Of course, I have adequate experience after 35 years in mainframes and personal computers... I am curious about whether it is a positional problem, or an electronic problem... does the switch not change positions, or does nothing happen when you initiate a change, because, "...I am still unable to work my rocker switch..." doesn't quite cut it as an explanation that will generate helpfulness on this forum.
Your Acer is quite infamous for unusual failures... we thought you might want some observations which may or may not be helpful.

Acer Rocker switch

I believe this switch is missing a driver, so I'm reinstalling the touchpad driver which should do the trick...appreciate your help, though. Will let you know what I find.

Acer Rocker switch

Yep, that's all it was...I just needed to install the drivers for the touchpad...thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back