Acronis Software Vista Image Deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am working on setting up an image deployement solution. The current problem I am having with Acronis Snap Deploy 3.0 is that when I try to deploy an image it deploys normally and Snap Deploy does the extra setup before Windows loads to a logon screen. The problem I am having is after I log in, windows is missing the "Vista" theme and whenever I try to click on anyting (Computer, Documents) It gives me a popup messege that has a title of "Explorer.exe" and in the messege it says "class not registed." I cannot figure out why the image is not working. I am deploying it onto the exact same computer I made the image from. It was a clean install of windows Vista Business.

To make the image I loaded the master computer into the Acronis software using the Acronis PXE server. I then imaged the computer and the image was put directly on the imaging server.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You
Yury

I've always just attached the target media device and booted the Acrois CD to create the image.

I've always just attached the target media device and booted the Acrois CD to create the image.

I have tried doing that to and I get the same result of an image that is verified by Acronis to be error free, but when I deploy it i get the error I described above

Check for an upgrade to Acronis - I think they have had problems getting up to speed with Vista. SP1 is recent, and has possibly thrown another spanner in their works.

I have the newest build of the Snap Deploy 3.0 PC version. The Acronis tech support team is not helpful at all. I am currently testing the software on a trial before my company invests in it and the Tech support will not help me because I am not a "paying customer." Very poor customer service there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back