Activation window reboot the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Hope one of you already encounter the same problem before, because it hard to explain the reason.
Anyway, I recently formatted and reinstalled my computer (old one - Pentium 866 with 0.5GB RAM) with Windows XP pro, and office 2007 etc.
When I connected to the internet, I could work with the internet explorer window for 15 sec before everything get stuck: the mouse freeze and one minute later the pc reboot itself.
I installed IE 8 hoping it will help but the same problem occurred.
I started work with firefox instead and it works perfectly, the only problem left is whenever I click on the windows activation icon, a window is about to open, but the second the blue head bar of the window pops, the system get stuck again with the exact same symptoms as before.
I tried to open Iexplorer with no add-ons using: iexplore.exe -extoff, but the problem stays.

If any of you can help I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Yaniv

answer

nope.
When I open the IE8 it takes up to a minute and then the computer freeze for 10 sec and reboot itself.
When I click on the icon of the activation windows - the second the window opens I get the same thing: freeze for 10 sec and reboot.
Same happens when I try to open media player and run a movie, and I believe it will happen with many other features.

Any ideas?
BTW - I tried to repair windows installation but when i started I got into a dos screen when he ask me to type the number of the OS, and when I did nothing happend except of being in the dos window. what are my other options?

Thanks again for your help.
Yaniv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back