AD Error when restoring

Hi guys,

I have 2 servers which are running server 2003 r2 with sp2 and i had to set up for a DRP environment. one is the domain controller with AD and exchange and the other is the SQL server .I used the windows utility to back up both live servers. I backed up the c drive and the system state. I restored both using the same utility on a new pc. I have got both pc's to see each other and share. all the automatic services are running including exchange. When i try check if the exchange is working, i tried to set up a third pc to add office and see if you can add it on AD and get exchange working. It gives me an error saying "Cannot create the object because directory service was unable to allocate a relative identifier." on both the office pc and server. So i went on to microsoft and they explained it well.but im not so good on servers so i didn't understand much. i will attach the link can any1 please let me know what it means and how to fix it? i am not too clued up so please explain in laymans terms. Thanx a lot!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839879 - This is the link that should solve my prob but not sure what they mean

Back