Add more RGB to your gaming setup with Corsair's LT100 smart lighting towers

Humza

Staff member
Bottom line: Hardcore RGB fans who've run out of places to decorate their rigs with fancy lighting can look forward to Corsair's LT100 smart lighting towers. Much like an LED strip running across a desk or the back of a PC, their simple purpose is to expand upon your room's immersive ambient lighting landscape, with each tower packing 46 customizable LEDs. Join up to four of these units for a dazzling 184 RGB LED light show.

Like most hardware companies, Corsair has been increasingly adding RGB lighting to its entire PC product portfolio. From glowing fans, PSU cables, RAM kits, and CPU coolers inside your PC to mice, keyboards, and headsets outside of it, all are customizable via the company's iCUE software.

The latest to join them is the LT100 smart lighting towers starter kit that consists of a 16-inch tall pair of aluminum towers essentially draped in LEDs, a removable plastic headset holder, two micro USB to USB-A cables, and a 5v AC Adapter.

The towers support reverse mounting to suit a user's preference for either bright, vivid lighting on the front or subtle, ambient illumination when facing backward. They're attached to an RGB base that sports a button for pushing through 11 color profiles, which Corsair says are accessible right out of the box.

When connected to iCUE, the towers can sync with other peripherals and can match and diffuse colors displayed at the edges of your monitor for a more immersive experience. They can also be used as an audio visualizer to go along with your tunes.

The $130 starter pack containing the aforementioned components can also be augmented with up to two $60 expansion kits, each of which adds another tower. A complete set of four, therefore, will set you back $250.

Corsair's iCUE LT100 smart lighting towers are now available to buy and come with a 2-year official warranty.

Permalink to story.

Enough with RGB, things where just fine with uv cold cathodes and I cables, this is getting out of hand.

I quite like it but would I spend my money on it? Nope. I look forward to seeing them in the window of my local hardware shop!

It's for someone, but not me.

Meanwhile, is it wrong that I really want an RGB Bat Signal to finish off my build?

I hate those RGB. It is way too distracting. I prefer to spend my money in something more black and plain. I play and work, If I would have a circus or disco, probably I will go the RGB route

We need a return-to-fashion of the old beige monsters. I miss Gateway and CompuAdd and Dan Computers and Tandy and Viglen etc etc.
You can't beat a good beige tower with some poorly matching CD drives and a number that changed when you pressed the turbo button but otherwise had no effect. Ah happy days! Typing DIR and admiring how much faster the files scrolled up the screen that your previous beige beauty.

Who would need such a thing like those towers? I've never seen a worse way to add clutter to your setup. Glue RGB strip to edge of your desk and you're set. If you need more glue some more to back of your monitor. Those towers are useless but hey, at least now you can light up with RGB your whole room!

We need a return-to-fashion of the old beige monsters. I miss Gateway and CompuAdd and Dan Computers and Tandy and Viglen etc etc.
You can't beat a good beige tower with some poorly matching CD drives and a number that changed when you pressed the turbo button but otherwise had no effect. Ah happy days! Typing DIR and admiring how much faster the files scrolled up the screen that your previous beige beauty.
There are more options in white these days - but finding the matching drive for it is rather difficult. Fractal and others have more of their cases in white. A few years ago, a white case was like finding a white-morph grey squirrel, white buffalo, or white bear.

Who would need such a thing like those towers? I've never seen a worse way to add clutter to your setup. Glue RGB strip to edge of your desk and you're set. If you need more glue some more to back of your monitor. Those towers are useless but hey, at least now you can light up with RGB your whole room!

Also at the price point it makes more sense to get Lyfx or Phillips Hue and spread them out to create a nice atmosphere. The tower lights are nothing new (I have Quasars at home) but its usually to space them around the room, behind plants etc to create ambience.

This is just marketing BS for morons ... guess a sucker is born every minute.

Back