Adding Vcard to a sig in outlook 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoscielak

My issue is when I follow the directions to insert a Vcard, it add as an attachment. I do not want it added as attachment, I want an icon after my salutation line like I have seen some people do.

Here is what it tells me to do but again, it ONLY appears as attachment.

The very first step, though, is to make sure that you have a record in your Outlook Contacts for yourself. This will be the basis for the vCard you will attach to your signature. Here is an example that someone developed while job hunting.

The web page address in this record most likely contains a resume, so that the person who receives the contact information can go straight to the document just by clicking on the link. Notice that the comments section includes a little information about the sender's job objective and a summary of his experience. You can place any kind of "advertising copy" that you wish in the comments area.

If you haven't already set up a contact record for yourself, it's very simple to do so. In Outlook, choose Contacts from the Outlook Shortcuts menu.

From the File menu, choose New and then New Contact. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut CTRL + N, or you can click the New Contact button in the icon bar. You need only complete the General tab of the dialog. Then choose Save and Close on the dialog panel.

The next step is to create a customized signature file.

Begin by opening your Inbox in Outlook. From the Tools menu, choose Options. This will open the Options dialog.

There are several tabs on this dialog. Choose Mail Format.

For our purposes in setting up a signature, it doesn't matter whether you have chosen HTML format or plain text as your default format. HTML format preserves any font selections, colors, and paragraph positioning choices you make for your signature, and also allows placing graphics in the signature. Text just shows the text.

It also doesn't matter whether or not you have chosen to use Stationery.

If you haven't already set up a signature, the last drop-down control on the Mail Format dialog will show <None>. Click on the Signature Picker button to set up your new signature.

The Signature Picker opens. In this case it is showing the "Business" signature that you saw earlier. We are going to create a new signature called "Job Search" so click on the New… button.

Enter "Job Search" in the text box under item 1, and leave the option button under item 2 set to "Start with a blank signature." Then click Next to open the Edit Signature - (Job Search) dialog box.

Type in the text that you want to have as your signature block. You can highlight this and choose the Font…, Paragraph…, or Advanced Edit… button to change the font and appearance of the text. The Advanced Edit button will open your HTML editor and allow you to incorporate graphics or other features into your signature file.

We're keeping this signature pretty simple, though. Remember, if you will be sending e-mail as plain text rather than as HTML, or if a recipient is not opening mail as HTML, fancy enhancements with the Advanced Edit feature will be to no avail.

Next, we will create and attach a vCard to the signature. This step uses the personalized Outlook contact information we set up earlier. Click on the New vCard from Contact… button.

Scroll through the contact names to find yours, highlight it, and click the Add -> button, then the OK button. You will be returned to the Edit Signature - (Job Search) dialog.

You can see here the results of our efforts. Not fancy, but it will serve the purpose intended and our work is done. Click OK to close the Edit Signature dialog.

Continue clicking OK buttons to exit back to the Inbox.

You can test the new signature by opening a new message (CTRL + N, or open the Actions menu and choose New Message).

To use the new signature on every message, set it as the default on the Mail Format dialogue. If you will often be using different signatures, you may want to set the default to instead. In this case, you will open the Insert menu while composing each message, and choose the signature you want from the list that will be displayed.

I don't know if this answers your question, but:
Under the tools menu, click options, under mail format, choose signatures.
Creat new signature and select vcard to add to it while creating it.

I did try that

I don't know if this answers your question, but:
Under the tools menu, click options, under mail format, choose signatures.
Creat new signature and select vcard to add to it while creating it.

Thanks for the reply but I did try that. It still ends up being an attachment in the attachment line

A "VCARD" will always show as an attachment.
You are probably thinking about certain 'signature' options.

What I would like and what I am rec in an email is the persons salutations and then right under that is their Vcard. How do you achieve that?

Sorry but could you be a little more specific with what this Vcard contains?
I've tried every possible method to try and not include the vcard as anattachment, but that's not an option.
Signatures however have endless options, mine has the email link, web site link, and also a picture included, and that is only a basic signature.
Try going to this link and see if this would apply to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back