Admin events log is filled with 8000 red and yellow errors

tricsim

I run Vista home premium and wonder if I should try and eliminate the error events or does it matter if the PC seems to run OK..
At times I do get explorer locking up with this error logged.

eg
Faulting application Explorer.exe, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e01da5, faulting module MSVCR80.dll, version 8.0.50727.4053, time stamp 0x4a594c79, exception code 0xc000000d, fault offset 0x00008aa0, process id 0x1b74, application start time 0x01cba87833b5bb20.

The OS closes down explorer and says it will try to find solution but hasn't yet

Also how can I check if my explorer.exe is completely up to date

Any advice welcomed

Sometimes lockups happen like that. There will probably be a common element to the lockups, like a certain application or something.

Appart from that, if the OS seems to be running ok, you shouldn't be too fixated with the event logs.

Mictlantecuhtli do you mean an addon to my browser?
What apps add on to Windows explorer?

Sometimes lockups happen like that. There will probably be a common element to the lockups, like a certain application or something.

Appart from that, if the OS seems to be running ok, you shouldn't be too fixated with the event logs.

I feel uncomfortable with the key windows program is unstable. I never had this happen on XP!
I can't corelate an app always being present.
It does not lock up my machine it just stops responding then is restarted by the os as if nothing has happened; logs the event,

Mictlantecuhtli do you mean an addon to my browser?
What apps add on to Windows explorer?
Many multimedia apps add 'play this file' etc. in the right-click menu. File compressors like 7-Zip/WinRAR add their menus there as well (by default), and so on. Maybe something like that is crashing.

I feel uncomfortable with the key windows program is unstable. I never had this happen on XP!
I can't corelate an app always being present.
It does not lock up my machine it just stops responding then is restarted by the os as if nothing has happened; logs the event,

It might not be an normal app then. It might be a faulty driver linked to a piece of hardware, an auto app that starts on boot, or maybe something like what Mictlantecuhtli is saying. If you can't pin it down through simple things, try and think back to when it started, and ask. What did you install at that time? Did you connect any new hardware?.

You'll get to the bottom of the cause eventually.

Back