Adobe Photoshop Touch arrives on iPhone, Android phones for $4.99

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Adobe has released a version of Photoshop Touch for the iPhone and Android smartphones. The robust photo editing application shares an almost identical set of features with the tablet app although the overall experience has been designed specifically for smaller displays.

Photoshop Touch has been available for quite some time for tablet owners but this is the first time that it has been made available for smartphones. Much like its bigger brother, the smartphone version features core Photoshop features like layers, adjustments, filters and advanced selection tools.

adobe photoshop touch iphone android

Program-specific features also carried over from the tablet version like Scribble Selection to enable high-precision selections using just your finger as well as Camera Fill which lets you blend your camera feed with different layers. We are told that filters like Color Drops and Acrylic Paint are present as well as a brand new filter called Ripple.

Furthermore, the application supports Adobe Creative Cloud which happens to come with a free 2GB of storage space. This will allow users to create a project on their phone then continue working with it on a tablet before adding the finishing touches in Photoshop CS6.

Adobe Photoshop Touch is available now in the Apple App Store and on Google Play for $4.99. It’s worth pointing out that for iPhone users, you’ll need at least an iPhone 4S or newer and iOS 6.0 or later. The fifth-generation iPod touch is also supported. Android owners will need version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later to run the app.

Permalink to story.

Who would want to use this on such a small screen... I would never use it on an iphone (too small of a screen). At the bare minimum I would need a G3, and even that has a small screen for PS. The iPad isnt that great of an experience either

Who would want to use this on such a small screen... I would never use it on an iphone (too small of a screen). At the bare minimum I would need a G3, and even that has a small screen for PS. The iPad isnt that great of an experience either

I can agree the whole smartphone thing, seems a bit silly to be honest. A tablet it can make more sense, because you have a reasonable workspace to use. Why a phone is a mystery to me, I guess for those who want it on the go in a small form factor.

Who would want to use this on such a small screen...

At $5 it's just for fun or perhaps rough drafting something with a stylus. On the Note with it's Wacom tablet pen you could do some impressive doodling, maybe even professional grade with a high resolution tablet.

At $5 it's just for fun or perhaps rough drafting something with a stylus. On the Note with it's Wacom tablet pen you could do some impressive doodling, maybe even professional grade with a high resolution tablet.
Maybe... I gotta say this will be nice on the note.

Maybe... I gotta say this will be nice on the note.

I've dabled with some photo editing software. Where productivity can be difficult.... I do own a Note 2, and it has just been more fun tinkering with photos, than really having an end goal or desired result. Maybe I'll try this and start meeting photoshop goals on the note 2. This seems worth it to me for 5 bucks. I'd have assumed that it would have been like 15 bucks or something a little higher up there.

Back