Advice on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismo91

EDIT:
3842441052_00c41fffac_o.jpg

i like how x-fi sounds, but many said it will burn my graphic card if i use it. so anyway i can use it back?

spec:
-Intel E6300
-Gigabyte G31SM2SEC
-3GB DDR2 667
-PixelView GeForce 9500GT 512 DDR3
-Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio
-Windows XP Home Edition

Please give us the brand, model, and age of your equipment then repeat your appeal for assistance... I am a bit confused.

I'm marginally confused...So your old motherboard died, but now your worried about your cards not fitting in it??
If you already bought a new motherboard and it doesn't fit, you could probably just return it and buy a different one.

im sorry for the confusion. so here we go, i cant return it.

the main problem is: the new board have different style, which result in soundcard touching and blocking my graphic card fan. the graphic card heatsink got hot cause of blocked fan.

3842441052_00c41fffac_o.jpg

so i remove the soundcard temporarily (x-fi xtreme audio) because concerned of the heat.

my question is, is there any way i can use the PCI soundcard safely?

As long as temperature is within limits, and the can does not actually hit the card, I don't see how it could be dangerous.

well okay... i did not record the temperature when the soundcard is blocking the fan. but when i touch the heatsink, it is very hot indeed. i mean without the card blocking, even after playing games, it does not get that hot when i touch...

i will try again soon. ;) thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back