Adware from ddldabest.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My computer is infected by a malware (adware) that creates a annoying pop-up or two on every page I attempt to see.
I have 3 browsers, the only one infected is Internet Explorer8.0.6.
Chrome and Firefox are OK.

I blocked pop-up windows in IE to no effect.
I scanned my PC with Spybot, Supera, Avast, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Nod, Ad-aware, I cleaned it with CCleaner, no effect at all (all were free or trial versions).

The pop-up window connects itself to http://mph.ddldabest.com/dd/ads-top.php?.... and downloads various advertisement, some is textual, some is pictorial. I suspect that they select their adds according to my recent google searches. Sometimes, the pop-up window just stays empty.

I googled for some information on mph.ddldabest.com but the only sites that mention it are in Chinese or Japanese, so I do not understand. Norton online test says the page itself is harmless.

I am not sure where my PC could catch this malware since more people use my PC.

The only surfacial solution to get rid of the pop-up windows was to set my IE security to maximum and keep it on this level. But I would prefer get rid of the malware out of my computer.

I am just an ordinary user of computers, no expert.

Thanks for any help,
Gabriela

Attachments

• MWSnap607.jpg
    MWSnap607.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 3
I would switch your HOSTS file with this
Also use no-script
First the HOSTS though, the no-script could be a nuisance to set up.
This should take care of it, let us know...:)

Gabriela, to find the malware entries and remove them, it would be best for you to follow the steps HERE.

When you have completed the 3 programs, attach the logs to your next reply for review.

NOTE: There are similar lines in Malwarebytes and Superantispyware to Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

Be sure to do that. I will help with any removals in the HijackThis log, so you will only be checking the entries I instruct you to after I see the logs.

Resetting the Hosts files will help security in the future but it won't remove malware that is on the system now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back