After a crash, can I recover Windows 10?

Dear All,

I would very much appreciate any advice/help on this problem. I am totally puzzled as to how to recover from it.

On Sunday, 27th September, I started downloading Windows 10, to my MSI laptop, model number CR640.

The downloading worked well, and I was able to use the Operating System. However, after 2 days without problems, I was suddenly faced with a screen asking me for a password. I remembered my password, and tried to input it. I could not. After this, the machine crashed.

I got so angry, and tried to desperately re-install the system. I successfully re-installed the system: it was a “clean” install. But then, when I shut the machine down, it crashed again.

A few days later, I contacted the manufacturer, MSI. They told me that my model of laptop was not recommended for updating to Windows 10. It was to do with my vbios. However, this does not explain why my machine worked for 2 days.

If the driver was to blame, how could it work at all? Does anyone have any ideas as to why my machine crashed?

Thanking you in advance for your time and effort,

Marek Wesolowski

Good insight and a valid question. BIOS controls BOOT and once booted, you should be fine.
HOWEVER, some bios options influence component operations, eg PIO vs DMA, allowing GPU acceleration, and some others.

? are a a gamer ? and will the system run as long as you do not?

If your laptop really cannot work out with Win10, you'd better go back to the previous system.
Do you have any bootable media or recovery disc?

Back