After removing malware computer crashed once and mouse hang several times

Jskid

I just got out of the malware removal form after being infected. A few times my mouse hung and once while watching netflix the screen went blank and the sound went weird and nothing would respond. I'm not sure if the computer is unstable or if this is sort of just a random thing. Any advice?

It's a desktop with an Asus P8Z68-V LE motherboard and an Intel Core i5 CPU running Windows 7 64bit and Avast Internet Security. It has 8GB of RAM.

I use Avast because it has a built in firewall, plus other features I like such as Safezone and the one that checks to see if programs are up to date. At least Kaspersky and Eset have firewalls, MSE is just an AV.

Yes use the built-in Windows firewall. 3rd party AV's with firewalls disable Windows firewall and doing this can cause problems like you are having here

Yes use the built-in Windows firewall. 3rd party AV's with firewalls disable Windows firewall and doing this can cause problems like you are having here
Actually I just remembered, Avast leaves the Windows firewall on and works with it.

The mouse and keyboard freezing up is still happening. It happened when I was running Linux through VMware player though, could this have something to do with it?

I had changed some BIOS settings to be able to run Linux in VMware. Currently I have Limit CPUID maximum = disabled, executed disable bit = enabled, and intel virtuilization technology = enabled. The last one I had changed. Could these be a problem?

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools says "new hardware detected" even though I didn't change any.

I had just finished removing malware and then Windows randomly began freezing up. Part of the malware removal process was to update programs, so that may have had something to do with it. I updated to Firefox 25 and each time the computer freezes it's open. I also had updated the video card driver. I'm running MSE running on Windows 7.

I ran sfc /scannow in this is what it produced "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." next post is the log.

Also I connect to the internet through a VPN. Sometimes I've been having trouble using the internet after first starting the computer. I looked at the adapter settings for IPv4 and sometimes there are strange settings even though I keep changing them
strange.png

Sometimes DNS servers are specified too.

How the hell do you show the CBS file. It's 4.3 mb and I can't even copy and paste quarters of it into one post.

Attachments

• CBS.log.zip
    168.4 KB · Views: 1
It may be necessary after the malware infection and all this. The Windows re-install may show any hardware problems

I've installed Firefox on many Windows 7 computers without trouble... You can remove it to see if the computer stabilizes

What video driver are you using. A lot of people are having Troubles with lastest Nivdia drivers. The same problems you are getting.

I just installed the latest Gforce video driver from the link I posted yesterday. I have a GTX550TI video card... The video driver is working perfectly

I have the same card. In order to stop the problem jskid is having I had to go back to 314.22 It seems I could not use any driver above this. I even went as far as reformatting and reinstalling windows and had the same problem every time I install the latest drivers. Yes I do get mine from that site to.

Back