Alert notification problems?

SNGX1275

I thought I was getting multiple alerts for the same thing over the last couple days, but it hasn't been too excessive. But tonight this happened:

X6agG.jpg

I know the times are different, but LookinAround only quoted me once, he then had 1 reply after that. So that should be 2 alerts correct? Once for quoting and once for an additional reply. In that though, I didn't get notice of the additional reply, only multiple quotes which I don't think happened. Unless he edited his post several times?

I get multiple alerts for quote too. It happens if the post contains my quote, some text, then another part of that quote.

<snip> Unless he edited his post several times?
Wow. I did make several edits to the post in that thread created at 5:53pm. It must have been responsible for all the notifications you received from 4:53pm through 4:59pm (we must be in different time zones)

Never realized each edit created a notification! Nor that I edited that single post so many times! :p

For several weeks now, everytime someone quotes or likes my comments, I've been getting multiple notifications. Sometimes two notifications and sometimes three but no more than three. I've been hoping you guys have been tweaking things and that the problem would go away.

I've only gotten a maximum of two notifications for the same instance. Should I even bother to mention this?

Recently I've been getting duplicates also. No problem,just lettin' you know.:)
We've got this settled. It's a question of software quirk, aggravated by poster incompetence.

If you edit a post wherein you're quoting someone, immediately after you first put it up, the software sends a duplicate notification.

So, it just means that we're working to make what we say, the best it can be. Or the worst, dependent on the person's point of view.

Back