All games hard freeze after few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

batteryacid100

my computer has been the same for about 2 months now, and has worked perfectly. Now since last night all my graphic intensive games like Warhammer Online, Dead Space and Team Fortress 2-(but only once i join a server and start playing) freeze a few seconds after starting them, and I have to manually reboot the computer by holding the power button down. Nothing shows up in the event viewer, also i have tried all other solutions i could find on this site.Tomorrow my friend is coming over with a different video card to check to see if thats the problem but untill then i was wondering if there is anything else i should do or check.

-not overheating
-scaned the hard drive with the drive fitness test from hitachi which is my HDs brand
-cleaned my comp with compressed air made sure there was no build up of dust or dirt
-updated all the drivers that i knew about
-scaned for viruses with Mcafee
-removed my ram one stick at a time, and each time checking to see if the problem presisted
-not overclocked
-Unplugged my extra CD drive, floppy drive and side fan to free up some power to see if that was the problem

none of these helped at all

ok thanks ill try those both now

Should i run CCleaner on the default settings or is there anything i need to select. or i do just go to the cleaner tab and press run cleaner?

ah well the CCleaner didnt fix the problem so im moving on to the memtest. That says its gona take about four hours. tho maybe ill check back here if it checks out on the first pass see if there might be any more suggestions. thanks for the help.

My friend came through with that new video card and everything seems to work fine now. So it seems my video card just went bad on me. thanks for your help tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back