All I get is Little red X

Status
Not open for further replies.

skos

when ever I go to a web page that have pictures, sometime all I get is Little red "X" where the pictures should be.

Any ideas?

The red X can be the result of many things... Blockage by your internet provider... blockage by your settings in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Opera... Blockage by Comodo, ZoneAlarm, Kerio, or SunBelt software, blockage by one of 87 security or registry editing programs, or an inadequate video graphics card or driver.
Start with changing your browser settings, and go back to the Windows Fireall... Some days, fixing such a problem is easy, but it is usually one step at a time.

The Red X is usually, but no always, an image download placeholder. It will show if images are blocked in the browser.

Open IE> Tools> Internet options> Advanced Tab> Multimedia section> CHECK 'show images'> UNCHECK 'show image download placeholders'> Apply> OK

Please post back and let us know if that works.

skos, windows firewall is not a bad thing, now I am not saying it is as good as many others but it will help with problems and should be turned on. it will run with any other firewall, at the same time. and u will never even know it is there.

I have UNCHECK 'show image download placeholders'

I also use a VPN thus no need for the firewall. This just started happening about a month ago. For the life of me I can't find out what happened.

Tried all suggestions

I have had this for ages.It's usually small ones like Avitars.
Others sometimes load with a right click and "show Picture" option.
Watch your Status Bar for Done and try an F5.
I have never found a setting that will fix this at some web sites.
:mad:

I have UNCHECK 'show image download placeholders'
Do you have 'show images' checked?

And since you have a time line, do a System Restore to date right before the problem began.

I have 'show images' checked and I have tried system retore back. Still have little red "x".

Anyone?

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back