Alleged GeForce RTX 3000 mobile lineup leaks

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: The RTX 3070 launches this Thursday (October 29), but eyes are already looking toward the mobile variants of Nvidia’s 3000 series. If a new leak is to be believed, the company has sent out specifications of its mobile lineup to partners.

First spotted by GiggleHD, the purported spec sheet comes from Twitter leaker Harukaze5719. We can’t vouch for its authenticity, but assuming it is true, there are at least four RTX 3000-series mobile graphics cards incoming.

The list shows Max-Q incarnations of the RTX 3070 and 3080 GPUs. Max-Q cards, for those who don't know, are cut-down, more power-efficient versions of their desktop counterparts designed to fit in the confines of a gaming laptop without generating too much heat.

With the RTX 3060, there are both Max-Q and Max-P versions. The latter refers to standard, non-Max-Q GPUs; it’s likely that Max-P 3070 and 3080 cards would be too power-hungry for laptops. It’s claimed that partners can choose the cards they’d like to use in their machines and that shipping has already begun for some “priority” orders.

It’s somewhat unusual to see all the cards on this spec sheet paired with 10th-gen Comet Lake mobile processors, rather than the upcoming 11th-gen Tiger Lake mobile CPUs that, based on Intel’s recent preview, will outperform AMD’s Ryzen 7 4800U.

In other Nvidia news, we recently heard reports that the company has decided to cancel the 20GB RTX 3080 and 16GB RTX 3070 desktop cards—though their existence was never officially confirmed.

Permalink to story.

I was very disappointed by the 2000 series due to the sky high pricing of the 2060 and 2070 - not to mention the 2080. But the 2000 series was inflated mostly due to launching during the height of the crypto-currency which inflated all prices.

The 3000 series avoided that so prices should be fairer, except for the artificial uplifting due to the leftover 2000 model laptops.

An HP Omen with a 2060 is still around $1100 which dips to about $999 for BlackFriday sale for example.

When I upgrade my laptop I will get the lowest end 3000. I don't play connected to a monitor on a laptop (it's for travel). I was never sold on Ray Tracing and most of my games are older - running on a 1080 with no issue.

I'm very excited to see what the next Area 51M is like.

Last edited:
I was very disappointed by the 2000 series due to the sky high pricing of the 2060 and 2070 - not to mention the 2080. But the 2000 series was inflated mostly due to launching during the height of the crypto-currency which inflated all prices.

The 3000 series avoided that so prices should be fairer, except for the artificial uplifting due to the leftover 2000 model laptops.

An HP Omen with a 2060 is still around $1100 which dips to about $999 for BlackFriday sale for example.

When I upgrade my laptop I will get the lowest end 3000. I don't play connected to a monitor on a laptop (it's for travel). I was never sold on Ray Tracing and most of my games are older - running on a 1080 with no issue.

I'm very excited to see what the next Area 51M is like.
I dont see how this would affect a man with deep pockets like you.

Finally some laptop info. But if the usual heavy hitters (MSI, ASUS, Alienware, and Acer) cant get a hand on cooling I may end up waiting for next-gen GPUs to upgrade my current laptop.

It will be interesting to see the performance of these parts given the power consumption of the desktop chips.

Oh good, everybody's giving the cold shoulder to AMD CPUs again.

We don't want Intel laptops. We want AMD laptops. Get. That. Through. Your. Heads. PC. Developers.

Back