Alleged iPhone 6 images leak, show a larger display

Scorpus

Staff member

We've heard a few rumors surrounding the iPhone 6 and what the flagship handset may include, but until now we haven't seen any images of the device in the flesh. Today, well-known Apple leaker Sonny Dickson, who has previously leaked numerous, accurate images of iPad and iPhone parts, has posted photos of what seems to be iPhone 6 shells on Twitter.

The photos show a large iPhone that is styled in a similar way to Apple's current iPad and iPod Touch lines, including a unibody metal chassis. The bezel on either side of the large display is very slim, and the space above and below has been narrowed so it barely fits the Touch ID home button.

Apple is reportedly working on two new iPhones, both with displays larger than the existing iPhone 5S; one model is said to come with a display around 4.7-inches in size, and another around 5.5-inches. Judging by the size of elements around the body that's shown in the leaked images, the model pictured could be the larger of the two.

The release of the iPhone 6 is still quite far away, with Apple's usual iPhone-related announcements falling in September. Only time will tell if the iPhone we're looking at here is indeed legitimate, but it does appear to conform with the style used on Apple's other devices.

Permalink to story.

OMG!!! Bigger screen. So revolutionary. Only apple could come up with such a design.

Anybody remember the apple commercial where they showed you how your thumb would reach all of the places on the iphone and that somehow it was magical because they designed it that way? How will they make the bigger screen magical?

It doesn't matter though. Simply the fact that it will look different from the current iphone is enough to sell a billion phones to ******.

Ok, honestly, this is the first rumored next-gen iPhone prototype I have seen in a while that actually seems real. I believe it, seems legit.

5.5 inch display!!! much more like other android phones which Steve Jobs hate it!!

This design is HERESY! BLASPHEMY under the name of innovation!! The designer must be a HERETIC to The Apple Way!!

What a sinful design represent a foul to what we called innovation! Unforgivable! This new design will be cursed by apple followers, even now, we can hear Steve Jobs roaring from his graveyard :D

Don't need leaks to see the new iPhone when I already know it will look the same like the previous one.

I'll piss myself laughing if they bring out the same regurgitated crape with a four inch (perfectly sized) screen.

It'll be fun watching all the ***** fanboys trying to justify it too lol

"Haha looks exactly like the Note 3 to me, now who's copying who?"

Which looks exactly like an iPhone but with a bigger screen. Get over it.

Of course it's not I phone 6
I think this pics were made by samsung to make iphone fans less.

Haha looks exactly like the Note 3 to me, now who's copying who?
I thought the same, I compared it to my Note 3 and the edges are a bit thinner but other than that and the round button it is the same.

"Haha looks exactly like the Note 3 to me, now who's copying who?"

Which looks exactly like an iPhone but with a bigger screen. Get over it.
Actually the Note 3 does not look like the iPhone at all, they are clearly different in bezel design, the HTC One looks more like the iPhone 5S than the Note but this iPhone looks very much like the Note 3. I will admit that the S3 looked like the iPhone but you haven't been looking cause the Note 3 and the S4 do not look like the iPhones.

I'd be amazed even for Apple to release a form factor like that.

I will once again quote from the iPhone design patent, which was/is being used against many other companies to sue them for "infringing on Apple's design."

And I quote

"A rectangular screen with borders of constant width."

So basically, if the leaked picture is true, then they will be filing/have already filed new design patents for the iPhone, which haven't been leaked and are far more publically viewable than these "leaked" images. The aftermath of which would probably allow MANY companies to appeal the product bans Apple and the US (as Apple as from California, it is in the best interests of the US to favour Apple, especially when it comes to product bans and so on. For example, Apple got a product ban on Samsung phones in the US, Obama said it was important for companies to protect their IP and upheld the ban. Not even a month later, Samsung won a product ban on older iPhones in the US. Obama stopped the ban, saying "it is important to give consumers choice) had laid down on them.

So I'm calling BS.

Back