Amazon customers receive tambourine, condoms, shaver, and more instead of Nintendo Switch

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Amazon orders sometimes get mixed up and customers don’t receive what they bought, but these incorrect items are usually related to the original purchase. On Black Friday in the UK, however, at least a dozen people who bought a Nintendo Switch received some incredibly random goods, including a facial hair trimmer and a tambourine.

If this was an SKU mix-up, those who thought they were getting a Switch might have received something related to the hybrid console, such as an accessory or game. But The Mirror reports that a number of people were shocked by what they found when they opened their parcels.

Jake Lawrence, from Leicester, discovered that instead of receiving his Switch, Amazon sent him a microphone and tambourine.

Some of the other bizarre items included a laptop fan cooler, a book, a pack of batteries, Lego, and an electric toothbrush. "I have also reported this to the police as feel it is fraud and needs thoroughly investigating," wrote a woman who got a box of dog food and washing up liquid instead of a console.

While it didn’t occur on Black Friday, one person who ordered a Switch in October found a pack of condoms arrived in its place.

It seems Amazon is at a loss as to why so many people haven’t been getting their Switch consoles. A company spokesperson said: "We're really sorry about that and are investigating exactly what's happened. We're reaching out to every customer who's had a problem and made us aware so we can put it right."

"Anyone who has had an issue with any order can contact our customer services team for help."

One of the problems that disappointed buyers will likely face is having to pay the full amount for a Switch if they re-order, rather than enjoying the Black Friday discount.

Permalink to story.

Sounds like Amazon has quite a bit of damage control to do. They have, for the most part, been pretty good in the past but these kinds of mistakes "appear" to be on the upswing meaning they need to grow their QC departments and give them the power to put a stop to it.

Interesting. I ordered some electronic thing about a year ago (forget exactly what) and also received a shaver instead. After reporting this I was finally sent the correct item...as well as a board game. I chalk it up to either workers who don't really speak English or who are pocketing valuable items and shipping out things that weigh about the same.

Interesting. I ordered some electronic thing about a year ago (forget exactly what) and also received a shaver instead. After reporting this I was finally sent the correct item...as well as a board game. I chalk it up to either workers who don't really speak English or who are pocketing valuable items and shipping out things that weigh about the same.
Pretty sure it’s the latter - I had this happen to me when I ordered a router a few years ago. The guy on the phone basically admitted that it was almost certainly stolen by “someone involved in the purchase”. They simply sent me a replacement and a $25 gift card...

Kind of shocked Amazon isn’t just sending Switches to those affected - perhaps there is more here that we aren’t being told... 12 switches is hardly a drop in the ocean to avoid the potential bad publicity.

I would assume these customers are going to get the switch at the price they paid. I see no reason for amazon to not honor the price due to their own packing mistake.

Its not like this was some massive discount or pricing error on the switch anyway.

Back