Amazon is hiring 75,000 additional employees, with an average starting pay of over $17...

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: The average starting pay for open positions at Amazon is more than $17 per hour and in many locations, hires can collect a sign-on bonus of up to $1,000. This, the company said said, is in addition to its complement of full-time employee benefits that include health, vision and dental insurance as well as paid parental leave and an attractive 401(k) plan with a 50 percent match.

Amazon is going on a hiring spree – again. The e-commerce giant has just announced plans to bring on 75,000 additional workers to occupy positions across its fulfillment and transportation network in the US and Canada.

Alicia Boler Davis, VP of global customer fulfillment, said new hires that come to Amazon already vaccinated for Covid-19 will earn an additional $100 benefit.

Amazon is just one of several tech-based firms that have been on an absolute tear in 2021 – and really, since the beginning of the pandemic early last year. It hasn’t been all moonlight and canoes for Amazon, however, as the company has dealt some pretty ugly PR fiascoes in recent months. Through it all, though, they’ve largely managed to come out unscathed.

Hiring for the open positions is already underway, we’re told. States with the most open positions include Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Washington and Wisconsin. Interested parties can learn more over on Amazon’s website.

Image credit Cineberg, angelo gilardelli

Permalink to story.

As a current warehouse worker, the increased pay seems nice to me, but I want something that's stable as well. Getting fired for working too slowly or taking a restroom break in a building that doesn't have enough restrooms per the amount of people that work there doesn't sound very appealing.

Although, if I get fired, I can get unemployment insurance...

EDIT: just checked the job posting in my area. The sign-up bonus is $500 after 30th day of employment and another $500 after 90th day of employment.

extra note: "If at any time in the process you are either voluntarily or involuntarily moved from this shift, site, and start date, you would no longer be eligible to receive the applicable pay rate, sign-on bonus or incentive"

Last edited:
I hope everyone that asked Amazon for a job doesn't complain or expect a Turkey for the holidays

I d be happy to see 3 or 4 companies like Amazon competing in the US. It would be beneficial for us all.

As a current warehouse worker, the increased pay seems nice to me, but I want something that's stable as well. Getting fired for working too slowly or taking a restroom break in a building that doesn't have enough restrooms per the amount of people that work there doesn't sound very appealing.

Although, if I get fired, I can get unemployment insurance...

EDIT: just checked the job posting in my area. The sign-up bonus is $500 after 30th day of employment and another $500 after 90th day of employment.

extra note: "If at any time in the process you are either voluntarily or involuntarily moved from this shift, site, and start date, you would no longer be eligible to receive the applicable pay rate, sign-on bonus or incentive"

Gets conveniently moved a day before the bonus kicks-in.

Back