Amazon limits PS3 Slim sales due to high demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Is the PS3 Slim Sony's chance for a console comeback? With the company not only implementing a substantial price cut but also introducing a new version of the console in one fell swoop, they seem to have piqued a huge amount of interest. So much in fact, that Amazon is concerned about being able to supply their customers with the console, claiming that shortages are already becoming a problem in the U.S.

To combat this, Amazon is limiting PS3 Slim sales to a single unit per household - a common stance for hot new launches. For the majority of users, that won't be a problem - after all, who needs more than one PS3? However, those trying to snatch them up for gifts may find themselves getting the shaft temporarily. Amazon's actions should help prevent people from buying them in bulk and reselling them on eBay.

Many people seem to be questioning the source of this apparent shortage. If it is artificial, maybe Amazon is working to prevent a real shortage? Perhaps Sony underestimated the potential demand for their reworked PS3?

Permalink to story.

I already have a PS3 which I will now use for blu-ray movies only. Am going to get the PS3 slim for gaming only, as it is lighter and easier to carry around to party with friends and the like. My girlfriend is a gamer some what and I may have to get one for her.

SONY is am sure aware of the high demand and are ready for it no doubt. This is the blu-ray era we living in now, and gaming and movie watching is at a newer level than ever before....as an earlier article said about Plasmas being bought at a high rate, is indicative of how far we come and exactly where we are headed.

And, oh! The PS3 is the most advance blu-ray player, (set aside gaming) on the market, with online updates and the works.

There was a report a couple of weeks ago that sony had ordered 3 or 4 times the amount of ps3 parts. I think they were getting ready for this.

I have to agree, the ps3 is the most advance BR player to date. It allows online updates, that most BR players dont have, and the ones that do, still have a long start up period. I dont want to wait 1ming to see my blue ray start up just to the FBI warning. PS3 runs the disk flawlessly.

FYI, The BRP thats inside the new PS3 Slim is CHEAPER made. When the first PS3 came out with both PS1 and PS2 compatabilty BRP in those units were refered to as "SUPER BLU Ray Player. Thoses players were able to read practically anything u thro at it.

The whole thing's been made cheaper, hence the price drop numbnuts. That does not mean it's of any less quality, now does it?

got the new ps3 slim today traded in my orginal. bought in gamestop in Dublin Ireland and got the last 1 with shop only open for about 2.5 hrs. shop manager said he had sold all his stock of 50. PLAYSTATION'S BACK BABY

The PS3 is a great console. If you have been debating getting one now is the time to do so. The PS3 is a complete media center with it's BluRay and WIFI capabilities. I just picked up a 120GB slim PS3 for $299 at target and I love it. It blows the XBOX 360 away with it's free online play, and BluRay abilities. Sofar I have had no problems playing BLURay on the new slim PS3. Who cares about Backwards compatibility? I don't. SONY made a winner and who cares that Amazon limits sales of one per household. You can buy one at Amazon then go buy one at Target or Walmart because they all have them for $299 if you are in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back