Amazon reveals first official look at the Fallout TV show

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Fallout has been making plenty of headlines recently, thanks to the series celebrating its 25th anniversary. The latest piece of news from the post-apocalyptic franchise relates to the upcoming Amazon TV series: Prime Video has shown off the first official image of the show.

The Amazon Prime Video Twitter account posted a congratulatory 25th-anniversary tweet directed at Fallout and its developer, Bethesda Studios. It included a photo from the live-action show that appears to be from inside a Vault. The door is open, revealing a blinding light and a figure standing outside while Vault dwellers wearing Vault 33 jumpsuits look on.

A single still isn't very much to go on, but what is here looks promising, with the cog-shaped vault door and jumpsuit colors matching those from the games. You can even see the outline of a Pip-Boy on the mystery person's wrist.

The Fallout show has some big names attached to the project. It's being produced by Kilter Films, the same company behind HBO's Westworld, and the first episode is being directed by Westworld co-creator and executive producer Jonathan Nolan. It also counts Silicon Valley co-executive producer Graham Wagner as one of the showrunners. It stars Ella Purnell, Kyle MacLachlan, and Walton Goggins, best known for his roles in The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, and The Righteous Gemstones, among many others.

Bethesda Game Studios game director Todd Howard and Bethesda Softworks' James Altman are also executive producers on the show.

The Fallout series began filming only on July 5, so don't expect it to air until the middle of next year at the earliest. The Last of Us TV adaptation, set to arrive in early 2023, will almost certainly get here first.

In other news related to Fallout's quarter-of-century birthday, you can still grab Fallout 3 for nothing from the Epic Games Store until tomorrow (October 27).

Earlier this week, Bethesda announced that Fallout 4 would receive a next-gen update for the PC, XBSX/S, and PS5 in 2023.

Permalink to story.

I hope there's a strong female character that is both the cause of, and solution to, the challenges facing the world. Preferable someone taken directly from the lore, then completely altered to fit the narrative. Also needs 100% more slow motion horse riding.

Better: Female black gay character fighting weak males with lipstick
Best: transgender

That's todays reality 😂 Most of modern productions are unwatchable garbage. I hope this won't be that, but I don't keep my hopes high.

Better: Female black gay character fighting weak males with lipstick
Best: transgender

That's todays reality 😂 Most of modern productions are unwatchable garbage. I hope this won't be that, but I don't keep my hopes high.

Shouldn't you and the cavemen who liked your post be spending time watching Faux Noise instead wasting bandwidth on misogyny and racism??

Another popular franchise they can use to leech off of its success. A good way to tell if a show might be complete trash is to figure out why it was made.

I hope there's a strong female character ......... Also needs 100% more slow motion horse riding.

Oh man....I love some slow motion horse riding.
I hear this is the main character....
FcvtQ88aEAA6eyw

I hope there's a strong female character that is both the cause of, and solution to, the challenges facing the world. Preferable someone taken directly from the lore, then completely altered to fit the narrative. Also needs 100% more slow motion horse riding.
I beg you...No...
I havent recovered from Galadriel yet.

Shouldn't you and the cavemen who liked your post be spending time watching Faux Noise instead wasting bandwidth on misogyny and racism??

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Hey, that's racist against cavepeople and cavepeople are women too, you misogynist. You cavephobic. Our people has been oppressed for centuries by those colonialist imperialist high class elite stereotypes you show. Not a good look. It's the current year, we shouldn't hear about your gross outdated prejudices and hate against our people. We are a minority and you come with your bigoted racist views from your privileged status quo side to keep us down and oppressed. Dunga!! Argh!!

And what is that "Faux Noise"? Another supposed dog whistle, that, (not) surprisingly, only your kind can hear?? XD

It'll have great visuals and dogshit writing and acting, I'm sure, and use minorities and LGBT as a shield and shock troopers to attack anyone that calls it for what it is.

It's all so tiresome.

I'm sure you WOKE up too early and didn't mean to stifle anyone just having a little fun. Oh wait. I'm sure you WOKE up at just the right time and meant to take everything as racism.

I thought this was suppose to be real actors, not Anime crap. Suprisingly HALO on Paramount turned out extremely well. It had vibes of The Expanse to it. Sure, a little cheesier, but good none the less.

It'll have great visuals and dogshit writing and acting, I'm sure, and use minorities and LGBT as a shield and shock troopers to attack anyone that calls it for what it is.

It's all so tiresome.
Exactly this.
If they spent as much time focused on story and actually creating likable characters as they do being ridiculously woke, their shows would do a lot better.
Instead it's just a bunch of "remove the straight white man" crap.

Back