1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon unveils backlit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD tablets

By Shawn Knight ยท 7 replies
Sep 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos took the stage at an airplane hangar in Santa Monica, California today to unveil a trio of new Kindle e-book readers and multiple Kindle Fire tablets. The company's new flagship tablet looks to give Apple's third...

Read more

2. Alvaro

Alvaro TS Rookie Posts: 41   +8

Went to Amazon. Watched the Fire HD video. Sold.

3. lchu12

lchu12 TS Booster Posts: 195   +9

I just can't get over all the photos, where on the center of the photo it has the black silhouette of this guy's head.

4. JBones

JBones TS Rookie

DRATS! How I wished the glow, erm, PaperLite Kindle had physical buttons!

Yes, I get that you can tap, swipe, etc., but having owned each generation of Kindle including the touch, I far prefer holding the kindle (in either my left or right hand) with a thumb on the NEXT PAGE button. Then, just press, not move thumb to screen, tap, and then back the the bevel.

I really hope they come out with a lit version of the Kindle with touch screen plus button navigation.

5. DeftVrykolaka

DeftVrykolaka TS Rookie

I thought the lighting was on top of the text?

6. Neojt

Neojt TS Booster Posts: 185   +39

LOL I read Kindle PaperWEIGHT ! LOL

7. captainawesome

captainawesome TS Guru Posts: 428   +44

haha ashwin

8. Ric.Broadhurst

Ric.Broadhurst TS Rookie

I agree, the old one with buttons is still my favourite - even without wifi!