Amazon's Prime-exclusive live concert events begin in the UK this month

midian182

Staff member

Amazon is giving people another reason to subscribe to its $99 per year/$10.99 per month Prime service: exclusive live music gigs. Prime Live Events will take place in London from May to July and see several artists performing at intimate venues.

Amazon is handling all the events and their promotion. Tickets will be available from the site and only Prime members will be able to buy them, but be warned: they’re quite pricey. Thankfully, the gigs are being recorded and will be available to stream on Amazon Prime Video after each show finishes.

The first, and most expensive, of these concerts is Blondie’s. It costs from £150 (around $195) for a ticket to see the iconic group at London’s Round Chapel in Hackney. The other events are cheaper, ranging from £75 ($97) to £95 ($123) for Alison Moyet, Texas, and Katie Melua. Customers can only buy a maximum of two tickets.

It seems that the unique experience of being able to watch large artists in smaller, intimate venues is Amazon’s justification for the high prices.

The retail giant has already tested running its own live music events in the past. It put on a Robbie Williams concert in London on December 14th, and another for John Legend at the Round Chapel the day after.

Amazon says more Prime Live Events will be announced at a later date. No word yet about them coming to the US, but the planned international expansion of Amazon Tickets services, which now allows those in the UK to buy event tickets ahead of their public release, suggest it will eventually happen.

Permalink to story.

Damn man, I had no idea Blondie was still active. They were one of my favourite bands from the 70's. If that's a recent shot of Deborah Ann Harry, she's still a mega hot babe in my view. Chris Stein was one lucky dude at one time she was in her prime but she must be at least 70 in the shade nowadays. Ahh yes, The magic of plastic surgery these days... and the dreadful sin of vanity. $200 for a ticket to see them live??? *CHOKE*. It's no wonder she can well afford all the surgery.

For $200 they better put me in a comma so I can sing together with Janis Joplin and Hendrix in the heaven where good ("I mean epic") musicians go and get me back live before lunch time... I pay for Amazon Prime so I can have better delivery options for free all year round, better discounts would work too... But getting Prime to have the priviledge to pay even more to see a show? Not my piece of cake.

"Prime Live Events will take place in London from May to July and see several artists performing at intimate venues."

At $200 by intimate I hope they mean the artist will marry me. Because I will need money after paying $200 for a show...

Back