AMD 1100T BE compatibility check

Hello there! First time at this forum, I'm just looking for a second pair of eyes to see if all these parts are compatible, I know some people might recommend a AMD phenom II x4 but I would like to stay with the AMD 1100t. Eventually I would like to put in dual GPU'S and a SSD for the OS. This build is mainly for gaming and entertainment.

Components:

Ultra black tower case- 129.96

AMD 1100T Black edition - 229.99

Crosshair Formula IV (socket am3)- 229.99

Corsair Dominator GT (8gb)- 119.99

Ultra X4 850-Watt Modular Power Supply - 169.99

Western Digital 250gb hdd - 54.99

Corsair 32GB SSD - 74.99

Asus dvd/cd drive - 29.99

Corsair Hydro h50 cpu cooler - 79.99

Windows 7 Home Premium 99.99

XFX Radeon HD 6970 - 364.99 -$30.00 rebate ($334.99)

That cpu and motherboard will go well together. I used the same board for a build for my brother-in-law with the 1055T and it runs great.

Go to Asus website and look up your motherboard and then check the recommended memory list and see if that Corsair is on that list. Keep in mind the list is not exshaustive but Asus boards are known for being picky about the RAM installed.

Keep in mind the list is not exshaustive but Asus boards are known for being picky about the RAM installed.

They have largely taken care of that these days J. That board (I have one myself, and use it a lot for builds) has a feature called 'Mem ok' and it works. If you have a issue with your chosen ram, you hit a button on the MB and it corrects any issue the MB has with the ram.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/Crosshair_IV_Formula/
The info is on this page about 'mem ok'

Yah, that mem ok button is on there, im buying the dominator dual channel 8gb ddr3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 ram, eventually upgrading to 16gb with win7 64-bit. I know it may seem a little unnecessary but I just wanna spoil myself.

Thanks for that G. My knowledge base has been updated. :approve:

@ ironmaiden - Consider WD's Caviar Black for your harddrive. By the way, it was red1776 that steered me towards the board and cpu for that build I mentioned. The man knows his hardware. keep us updated on how the build goes.

Hey Iron, as pointed out the build looks good overall, but I have a few suggestions/questions for ya. Since you do plan to game with this build, have you considered the new Sandy Bridge CPU's (e.g. i5-2500K)? While I like AMD, Intel currently offers a great value on almost all fronts. Also will a 32GB SSD be enough for you? If I'm not mistaken that should be easily enough for a boot drive, however you will have little room for anything else. I would recommend at least something in the 64GB range so you have enough room for an OS + key applications. And lastly, is this the RAM you were referring too? I couldn't find a GT with those specifications so I assumed you mistyped. Either way, from personal experience I've never noticed a difference outside of benchmarks between CAS 8 & 9. But I'm also not a heavy OCer, so just some food for thought :) .

@ ironmaiden - Consider WD's Caviar Black for your harddrive.

I second that, and also recommend a larger drive. 250GB HDD + 32GB SSD boot drive for gaming + multimedia is really limited. Maybe even check out the 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3.

Back