AMD Catalyst Driver revision number

Astro199

How can I tell which version of the AMD Catalyst Driver I have so I can upgrade to the latest?

I have AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650 and in the software, it says 10.11 for "Catalyst Version," but I'm pretty sure I have at least the 11.x version.

I also got this: AMD VISION Engine Control Center Version 2011.0405.2218.38205

Thanks

Hi Astro,
In your CCC open the Information tab and then software. There you will find the CCC version, driver package, GL version etc.. like thus

cccastro.JPG

This is what I have. I mean, am I installing the driver correctly? I'm pretty that this interface is different than the one before my last update.

amd_catalyst.jpg

That is strange , 'Vision engine control center' as it is named now was not even available with 10.11. Open up GPU-Z and see what version it is reporting.
when you download the driver package are you choosing the entire package? or individual downloads? Might you be just downloading the catalyst Control center?
also do you use driver sweeper after you uninstall in preparation of the new driver set.

I think I did the entire package one, what's the difference between package and individual downloads? I normally uninstall the old driver first before installing the new one.

And no I didn't use driver sweeper.

GPU-Z shows Driver Version as atiumdag 8.791.0.0 (Catalyst 10.11)/Win7 64.

Thanks

Did that change recently? I thought laptop manufacturers provide the graphics drivers (repackage the Catalyst ones).

Not that I am aware of, thats why I said it does matter. From the release notes:

AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, users may have unwanted experiences.

The Installation Verification Software will prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. If unwanted experiences occur using Catalyst Mobility, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.

AMD Mobility Product Families

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6900M Series of Products
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series of Products

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6800M Series of Products
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4100 Series of Products

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6300M Series of Products
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 Series of Products

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6300 Series of Products
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3600 Series of Products

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6200 Series of Products
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series of Products

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series of Products