AMD discounts its Ryzen 3000 CPUs, gives away Xbox Game Pass with select models

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? If you’re in the market for a new AMD CPU, now might be a great time to buy. The company has announced a new promotion that not only cuts the price of its 3000-series processors but also includes a free Xbox Game Pass with some models.

Ranging from the Ryzen 9 3900X, which we scored 90 in our review, to the fantastic value-for-money Ryzen 3600 (TechSpot score: 100), the discounts range from $25 to $50. They’re available now from Newegg and Amazon in North America only and will last throughout the month of March.

Another incentive on offer is a three-month Xbox Game Pass. Usually costing $29.99, it grants access to PC games such as Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, and over 100 other titles. The Game Pass is included with the Ryzen 9 3900X, Ryzen 7 3800X, and Ryzen 7 3700X, but only while supplies last.

It’s worth noting that these discounts apply to AMD's recommended prices, so the CPUs that are already selling below the MSRP have even more money off. The Ryzen 9 3900X, for example, is down to $419 on Amazon and Newegg, while the Ryzen 7 3800X is $339.

Here are the discounted models:

Earlier this month, AMD updated its CPU roadmap, revealing the arrival of Zen 3, Zen 4, and 5nm.

Permalink to story.

It will be interesting to see how the on line businesses survive the current pandemic. While you would think that they would thrive, I think people will start avoiding spending of any kind except for the essentials and we could see a lot of them close their doors. I hope I'm wrong but all the indications are there to say otherwise ...

If you live in Canada, almost every AMD Ryzen CPU is on sale at Canada Computers until March 28 ranging from $30 to $220 off. I got a 2700X on sale for $214 ($220 off). I gave up trying to overclock it, so I just set an 0.05v negative offset and I'm good. 30ish idle/60 load w/H100i V1. Boost is as expected around 3.9GHz - 4GHz under load. I have to get too close to 1.4v to boost above 4GHz and I didn't think it was worth it.

If youre lucky and live close to a microcenter ryzen 5 3600 is on sale for $159 and has been for quite a while.in store only though

I am doing a build for my wife and we bought a Ryzen 7 3800X from B&H for $399.99 that came with an Office 2019 Home & Student license. Without the Office license, they are $339.98 with free, two-day shipping.

These US only promos are one of the reasons that country is so hated.
I am sorry you feel that way.

I think the content providers are the ones to blame on this. I really don't know who is responsible for the promo price that I paid, however, I doubt it would have been possible without the blessings of AMD and/or M$. Both the proc and the Office package were retail versions and not scams.

Back