AMD Drivers?

Marcbmann

Awhile ago I had installed some game (I forget what it was), and it installed AMD software without asking me, and despite the fact I have an Intel, not an AMD. I had uninstalled the "AMD Dual Core Optimizer" with Revo uninstaller. Recently I discovered the following system files after using the "driverquery" command in command prompt:
amdagp - Amd AGP Bus filter
amdide
amdk8 - AMD k8 Processor Driver
amdppm - AMD Processor Driver
amdsata
amdsbs
amdxata

How do I know if this is all that was installed onto my machine? And (stupid question, I know) will it cause any issues if I remove these drivers from the system32 drivers folder?
And one more stupid question, could this be responsible for BSODs?

Well. I have been getting BSODs. I had made a separate thread for that. I have no reason to believe these are causing them, since they were installed after my BSODs started.

I stumbled across these AMD drivers because I was trying to figure out why my bootup took so long. My BSODs are due to a fatal hardware error according to the minidumps.

Did someone help you resolve the BSOD issue? If not, can you link us to the BSOD separate thread?

I have several solutions to the BSOD issue. Luckily I haven't had one in quite some time, so I think I fixed it.

Okay, then I believe you should be okay. If you ever do start getting BSODs again just let us know. Good luck.

Well, I really do appreciate the help. But, I still have that one other question. How do I know if there are other AMD drivers on my PC. I think the ones I listed were all of them... But how can I be sure?

Back