AMD DX11 RV870 GPU now expected in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Things have been going relatively well for AMD in the GPU market since making a big comeback with the Radeon HD series. Their next-generation DirectX 11 part code-named RV870 was shown at Computex last month and was expected to arrive to market by the third quarter.

Though not coming from any official sources, there are rumors that AMD will be delaying the launch of its RV870 GPU until November. Though the change of date is not a dramatic one, manufacturing troubles are cited for the postponement.

Whether due to the reduction in manufacturing process or increased complexity of the RV870, TSMC continues to have problems with yields at 40nm, making it possible that AMD won't have enough parts to go around. This could be harmful to AMD, who intended to have the first DX11 hardware component on the market – a decent advantage, especially considering Windows 7’s shipment date of October 22.

Permalink to story.

Agh... don't do this to us AMD... i would really love to see nvidia shitting their pants in fear of a competitor product once again.... >_>

I guess it can't be blamed, but they better address it before it bites them in the hind.

Yes AMD should launch this part in august. Be there before windows 7 dous dont give Nvidia the advantage back they should get blown up for being so late it is a one time chance to become profitable AMD! . It dousnt matter **** to me if they have any volume in the stores at launch. i just want to be able to order it. i dont need any oems. i want the card and i dont want to screw my self with buying a 4890 right now. i want a DX 11 card so i can run crysis and any upcomming title for the comming years smoothly

idc what happens too much, but them putting out this card would make it easier for me to sli my 295

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back