AMD HD 7950 vs Nvidia GTX 760

Bruno Almeida

[FONT=helvetica]Hello![/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica]So I got these two cards to choose. I will play in a single-monitor and looking forward to play Battlefield 4.[/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica]I have actually already bought my CPU, which is a i5-4670K, Motherboard, Gigabyte GA-Z87 HD3 and SSD, Samsung EVO 120GB.
Monday, it will arrive my other components, but I am with no worries and If I order today the GPU, tomorrow it will be here, so that's why I am asking you: which one will perform better?

Alot of you will say for me to wait till prices are released from new AMD cards, but I don't want to wait like 2 weeks xD

As far as I know, I can get the Sapphire HD 7950 3GB (boost edition) for 226,99Eur. And the Asus GTX 760 DCII OC 2GB for 231,99Eur.
[/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica] [/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica]Thanks
wink.png
[/FONT]

The 7950 will be better IMO for BF4 since it has 3GB of GDDR5 and AMD is the official partner of DICE and EA.

I would grab the 7950, but even at the the price, I think you could even go for a 7970 as I had been hearing the price has come down because of AMD's announcement.

Seeing your price range, wouldn't this be attainable as well link?

Thankyou guys!
I would like to buy a 7970, but the thing is that here in The Netherlands I can only get a 7970 for 320Eur and I only want to spend a maximum of 260Eur in a graphics card so :(

Alright then I would second the 7950 boost if you like the games that it comes with.
Or you could just wait a few weeks and maybe end up getting the 7970 for a similar price.

That is odd. Go for the 7950 then.
That is odd I agree, let me see if I can find one cheaper that will ship to the Netherlands, because that is significantly more expensive sounding than anywhere else I have heard. The Sapphire one says it ships internationally, but I cant seem to set a postal code to Netherlands.

Well then, if you cant find one cheaper, I would grab 7950 because of the 3gb of ram and the amount of power that is shown by that GPU. The 760 however is still an excellent choice.

If you have an Asus monitor that supports 3D then go for nvidia!!

I have the monitor for it but have an AMD Radeon HD 6670 so I can't see 3D movies unfortunately...

If you have an Asus monitor that supports 3D then go for nvidia!!

I have the monitor for it but have an AMD Radeon HD 6670 so I can't see 3D movies unfortunately...

The funny/ironic part about this is that you can afford a good monitor but not a good GPU ;).

It's not that... my motherboard is pretty old and this is the best gpu I could put on it anyway since I've upgraded my pc a couple of months ago and the monitor was a birthday present :)

3D is too gimmicky and very few people use it, and even so there are drawbacks to trying to run in 3D mode (IE lower performance), plus not many games actually support it.

Most of the people I know who have a 3D monitor, bought it strictly for the quality and refresh rate.

Back