AMD Radeon HD 6550D Driver Issue

DemonVenom

In my "Device Manager" I have two separate things under "Display Adapters"
- AMD Radeon HD 6550D
- AMD Radeon HD 6570

The "AMD Radeon HD 6550D" has the usual Yellow Triangle with an Exclamation Mark, but when I try and update the driver it says I have the best one.

Is this just because it is a dual GrFX Card and by default just chooses what works best? or is this an issue?

Everything seems to work fine aside from the fact that when I run some of the performance diagnostic tools in win 7 I get TvConfigmgrErr43 and in the Resource and Performance monitor the section "Hardware Device & Driver Checks" it says "FAILED"

Since everything appears to be running smoothly on the surface, is this an issue I should even be concerned about?

(If more info is needed please let me know and I will attempt to provide it)
Here are the Screen Shots in case they help!

Attachments

• boot issues.jpg
    boot issues.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 2
  • Diag.jpg
    Diag.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 2
  • hardware Fail.jpg
    hardware Fail.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 2
AMD APUs have a dual graphics solution, that is what it is. What is the manufacturer of your PC (Vaio, HP, etc.)?

I'll give that a Shot in the AM "JC713"... Thanks for the reply, sorry I took so Long to respond, I had a separate issue causing me problems (Mouse & Keyboard + Screen Freeze without BSOD) I "gutted" my computer and fixed it somehow!

I realize it has been a while since this post and the above "Quote" wouldnt let me edit...

Anyway, I waited for my new SSD to arrive and did a clean install of Win 7 Pro
I then proceeded to follow the instructions given above, removing and installing the latest 13.4 driver

I was hopeful, however I still have the issue, when I check in device manager I receive
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
I googled it and tried a restart... No Luck .... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance : )

Clean installing windows did what the uninstall utility would have done. Check out this article for help: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725873(v=ws.10).aspx. Look under the "Resolution" heading. Does this resolution MS recommends fix your issue? If so, it is an AMD driver issue. After you do that though, you will need to install the latest driver (if you game). If you do not game, then just stick with the default windows driver.

I have actually attempted this resolution before but did so again just to be sure, still no luck.
When it re-installs the AMD HD 6550D it still comes up with the Exclamation in a Yellow Triangle and error code 43.

Does this mean it is a defective piece of Hardware?
I really hope not as I've had this ever since I purchased the "card" but I'm sure my warranty is prob up by now!

Thank you again for your continued efforts to help me fix this BTW

Hmm. Let us start from the beginning again. Does the PC function? Do you game?

It is most likely a defective piece of hardware :(.

The PC Functions well, and I don't really game.... I do some video editing but nothing big.
The AMD Radeon HD 6570 "part" seems to work great... It's just the AMD Radeon HD 6550D that has the issue!

It's no big deal in the end, just wish I had clued in when I got the damn thing... I just assumed that it was some sort of "It will choose which will work best on my PC and use that" lol
The only thing it is causing issues for at the moment is my OCD, so I'll probably just have to deal with it and eventually get a new card (Any Recommendations?)

Talk to AMD, I am out of solutions man :(. I am sorry I cant help further. I think the hardware is flawed. What is your price range for the new card?

Its all good man... I appreciate the help! You have been more than patient ... Eventually I'll look for its info and try AMD.
If I buy a new card 150$-200$ is prob all I'll spend.

If your having issues with the integrated graphics chip, try using the AMD website driver auto-detect, it may find something your missing.

Link

Demon, I really think you should put a few extra bucks into that budget ($250 total would be plenty), so that you can get a X4 750K + 7790 :).

Back