AMD releases Catalyst 9.12 driver, hotfix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

AMD has released its Catalyst 9.12 drivers, bringing DirectCompute 10.1 compatibility to Radeon HD 4700 and 4800-series graphics cards, as well as support for OpenGL 3.2 extensions, performance enhancements and more.

Performance in 3DMark Vantage has been improved by as much as 9% on Radeon HD 5700 and 5800 cards, while the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat will run up to 6% better on single card configurations. Other applications mentioned in the release notes include PowerDVD, WinDVD, IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, Resident Evil 5, and Tom Clancy's HAWX.

Additionally, AMD has pushed out a separate Catalyst hotfix that allows multi-GPU configurations to work with Eyefinity display setups, introduces DisplayPort audio output capabilities, and adds "full support for GPU acceleration of OpenCL when used in conjunction with the ATI Stream SDK v2.0." This is on top of many bug fixes that include MW2, Wheelman, and various OpenGL titles.

Download 9.12 Driver: XP 32-bit | XP 64-bit | Vista 32-bit | Vista 64-bit | 7 32-bit | 7 64-bit

Permalink to story.

Not sure entirely, but in the hotfix release notes, it does say:

"Note! This driver is provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue described above."

FYI, I loaded the new driver, and my fps in WoW went to the crapper.

Rolled back the driver, and everything is fine. The updated driver didn't seem to have an effect in Dirt 2, however.

KyBrewer said:
FYI, I loaded the new driver, and my fps in WoW went to the crapper.

Rolled back the driver, and everything is fine. The updated driver didn't seem to have an effect in Dirt 2, however.

What card do you have?

The hotfix says "Hotfix that resolves the mouse being enlarged under Windows® 7" but this actually happened to me in Vista lately. Guess I'll download it and try.

What card do you have?

5870, running windows 7 64-bit

And not to say that is definitely what caused it, but it was the only thing that I can think of that had been changed since playing before, and was fine immediately after rolling back the driver and a restart.

FPS as WoW reported them were typically 60 all the time, and they went to being really inconsistent, in the 30-50 range with the new driver set. The game was noticably choppy. My wife was playing at the same time and has a 5770 with no driver update. She had no problems.

ET3D said:
The hotfix says "Hotfix that resolves the mouse being enlarged under Windows® 7" but this actually happened to me in Vista lately. Guess I'll download it and try.

do you mean the cursor being enlarged?

I guess that's what they meant (I copied and pasted from AMD's site). It'd have been really interesting if the mouse was physically enlarged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back