AMD Sempron

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverxxx670

Ok i have a old amd sempron 3200+ wich at std runs at 1800mh, it was runing at 40c max load, ive over clocked it to 2200mh and it runs fine at max load at 45c, 2200mh is the highest stock sempron of this socket u can buy...... I then overclocked it to 2300mh stil only about 45 at max load... But it randomly crashes just restarts for no aparent reason.. its not overheating, and my MB would thereticly alow it to run at 3800mh........Is any1 able to shead any light on this it would be apreciated thx

The CPU's heat is not the only boundary with overclocking. Just like the CPU's clock frequency is a multiple of the FSB, other components are effected by the FSB as well.

Your RAM, which is likley SDRAM (synchronous dynamic random access memory), runs at the same frequency as the memory bus, which generally runs at a 1:1 ratio with your FSB (though, some motherboards support different ratios). So, if you increase your FSB, you not only increase the clock frequency of the CPU, but (usually) also the clock frequency of your RAM.

Furthermore, the chip in itself will only support so much throughput before you have to increase the voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back