Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question if some one is pleased to help
which would u say is better a
2.66ghz celeron intel
or a
AMD Sempron 3500+ 1.79ghz
just an arrgument with a friend any opinions

we need to know more, tho get an answere u will have to give the details to more extent. Just a quick answere with out knowing anything, the AMD Sempron 3500+ 1.79ghz is the best.

Yeah its AMD all the way man. I did a test on vista. I installed vista on a 1gb ram, intel celeron processor 2.5ghz and it was slower than usual. I installed vista on a amd anthlon xp"tm" and a 768 MB RAM and it runs better and even load sfaster. amd is the shizzle

Codex Computing said:
lol which one are u backing? ;)

if im honest in this case i would go for the AMD for the following reasons

a) an AMD cpu works at cooler temperatures than the INTEL cpu
b) an AMD cpu works better the slightly faster than its INTEL counterpart
c) an AMD cpu gives out better performance than an INTEL.

obviously this is a matter of personal opinion but the above 3 reason are the more common reason why i choose AMD over INTEL.

plus AMD works better with nVidia graphics cards which to be is the more superior graphics card manufacuter then INTEL, who favour ATI.

hope this helps ur argument!!!

james :)
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but:
AMD owns Ati
Nvidia and Intel are seperate entities
Intel hasn't even manufactured cards of their own yet. Next year yes

djmega84 said:
2.66ghz celeron intel
or a

First you don't want a Celeron in the IT engineer business it's a joke!

CPU Celeron is spelled backwards it reads "NO RELEASE CPU" Those are failed Pentium 4 or Mobiles that had failed L2 caches Intel passes them off and they're also slower. On AMD side they just remove or disable L2 cache 1/2 or on some X64 is disabled for Mobile Sempron. There you have to do your homework on the CPU. But if you get the right Sempron X64 or the new X2 they can be over Clocked. The one you have there with the right MOBO you can get 2.4GHz stable.

AMD is just another manufacturer of CPU, just not an Intel Market for CPU. VIA also makes CPU. At one time there where many prior to the Pentium release. For the money get AMD X64 X2 or Sempron with those features will be a bit cheaper.

Thanks Just what i thought

thanks for ure replys and time people all ure information was very usefull much appreciatedm people regards joe

Codex Computing said:
lets be honest thought who uses the VIA CPU's?? unless u have a very old or obscure machine lol
lots of people use VIA CPUs. the assumption that only users of "old or obscure machines" use VIA CPUs is completely false.

VIA no longer competes in the high-end/powerful CPU market, what VIA excels in is SFF/embedded low-power-consumption x86 CPUs. their latest (and smallest) design is the pico-ITX form factor, it is a tiny motherboard with an integrated CPU that measures only 10cm x 7.2cm and consumes very little power. this may not be a solution for gamers or power-users, but there are many other markets which welcome this new technology, and VIA leads they way in this market segment ;)

whether you want to admit ot or not, the big ugly desktop towers we know and love will be a thing of the past. and who knows, in the not-so-distant future, people might post on TechSpot saying "lets be honest though who uses AMD or Intel CPU's?? unless u have a very old or obscure machine"

;)

Although the question has already been answered, I wanted to add something interesting about AMD. I believe without them (and other key companies) we would still be paying 3,000+ for a computer. Like when Intel came out with their dual core system, AMD reverse engineered it, changed it some and called it their own. Intel slapped them with a lawsuit, but AMD won because they changed it enough. It happened at least one other time, though I can't recall which processor it was. In general though it seems like AMD gives more value for your money.

AMD is lot better

Any day AMD is better.There is a difference in the basic architecture of AMD and intel.Intel uses that ols FSB architecture but AMD is on Direct Connect Architecture.Look at the following benifits of Direct Connect.
1.Memory Controller located within the chip better access to Ram and lowerL2 Cache required.
2Performance of the sytem doesnot depend upon the speed of the processor it depends upon the flow of information in the system.Direct connect makes it easy for the instructions to travel.
3.There is a one way communication from the system to chip(CPU) or Chip to the system in FSB architecture.Direct connect makes this a lot easy as the information flows both ways at the same time.
4.Now the best part today u bought a sempron Processor and u want to upgrade to say an Athlon X2.Just buy an Athlon X2 from the market ,pull out sempron ,put in athlon,update bios,this is all.No need to change the whole system.

this is why i say AMD is better

djmega84 said:
2.66ghz celeron intel
or a

techsid said:
4.Now the best part today u bought a sempron Processor and u want to upgrade to say an Athlon X2.Just buy an Athlon X2 from the market ,pull out sempron ,put in athlon,update bios,this is all.No need to change the whole system.
I believe AMD has changed socket types more often than Intel. And you can do the same thing with a Pentium D, Core2Duo, and Core2Quad on several boards.

I've heard stellar things about the Core 2 Duo processors, but since you're asking about a Celeron vs. Sempron, I would definitely take the Sempron.

I don't care if it uses less power and its cooler,
i go where I see performance, and whilst amd uses "newer" technology,
in terms of real-world gaming performance Intel is way in the lead, also, if you buy a lower-end intel processor you can still upgrade it to, lets say a good quad later, but its not like that with amd, they have no good answer to the intel quads.

Codex Computing said:
lets be honest thought who uses the VIA CPU's?? unless u have a very old or obscure machine lol

That made my day right there, lol that's so funny. But anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back