An Android User’s Take on the iPhone

learninmypc

I started using Android with the original Motorola Droid back in 2009, and I’ve been a hardcore Android user ever since. Four months ago, I got an iPhone 8 and have been using it alongside my main Android phone. This is an Android user’s take on using the iPhone.

While this isn’t my first experience with iOS, it is my first time using an iPhone in any real capacity. Prior to this, I had an iPad Mini for a couple of years (that I really liked), and an iPhone 5S that was only used for testing—it never even had a SIM card in it. FULL ARTICLE

This will have an emotional response I am sure, B U T

a tightly controlled platform has advantages to the developer AND the customer:
  • a consistent look and feel
  • a better security posture
while the downside as Andriod and Windows users love to point out is the cost.

With the Android open system from Google, it's
  • hard to tell who owns what components (hardware here and software from x,y,z... who knows)
  • harder for the software variations to stay in sync with the Google base maintenance
  • and far too prevalent that fixes don't even get applied.
IMO, that's a big price to pay for getting root access and a lower purchase price.

Just my $0.02

Just like you said it, it's all about the apps. I don't mind using either of these OSs, but since I have more experience with Android, and I'm more used to it, I will continue using that for now. Thanks for the insight (y)

I don't know what it is, but I get this feeling of 'refinement' on iOS that I can't find on Android phones. The moment you pick one up and play around you can just feel it and makes the experience feel more premium and is the reason I've recently switched over to iPhones.

Neither one Windows Phone gave me options thus forced now to use Android again. iPhone those are for those who do not want to know how the phone works or how to improve on it' Android you can do so much on Linux backbone running in the code. Yet most take it as face value. I am Windows and Android Developer and I have to struggle with Android OS devices. It's not 100% just that's all we have right now. The last word was Google was working on taking Chrome OS and Android OS to make a new OS and get rid of Android OS. I run Chrome OS on Netbook Laptop I have. Boot into Chrome OS on SD 16 GB mini-SD card. bypassing Windows 10. Works very well Chrome OS which is very limited only for Google Chrome , Google Business Suite etc.. I mostly run Android OS Oreo now.. Lots of improvements but still the same bugs keyboard sticks, OK Google still can't get it right, voice to text changes the words to the wrong word. Apps crash, screen goes in and out. I can keep going and going.. Rotation is the worst part.

@tipstir Currently I'm trying to figure out why when I get to Lock Screen & set it for 2 minutes, it "occasionally" shuts down after 2 minutes, other times never???? Android:confused:

Last edited:
Back