Analog Telephone Adapter: Where can I get a cheap one in Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know a retailer in Ireland (or site that ships to Ireland) that'd have cheap ATAs on sale? I need one with an ethernet and FXS port thanks.

Also when I was looking around all I could see were VOIP routers. I don't want these since they seem to be expensive (50-300 euros) and I already have a router I'm happy with, so, only suggestions on where to purchase an ATA, thanks.

Unless of course you know where to get a dirt cheap VOIP router, then I'd consider purchasing one of them.

Thanks.

What part of Ireland? Which city or region? Try some local neighborhood repair shops... if they don't have some in their junk box, they can tell you where to get them.

What part of Ireland? Which city or region? Try some local neighborhood repair shops... if they don't have some in their junk box, they can tell you where to get them.

Thanks. I rang up a repair shop and he said he knew exactly what I was talking about and would take a look. Hopefully he'll find one, or if not will be able to tell me where to get one like you said.

Anyway does anyone know a good company that you can use to make international VOIP calls with an ATA? Preferably a cheap company, but also one that's been a round a while so it's not liable to just go bust in a few months.

I was reading a guy's website about ATAs and he recommended one company but I can't remember it and can't find it in my history either. So if anyone could recommend one I'd appreciate it because I don't even know of one right now.

Also does it matter what protocol the company uses. Like, do I have to get a certain ATA for a certain protocol? If so I'd better find a company first and then get an ATA that works with the protocol they're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back