Analyst foresees aggressively priced slim Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

If the latest prediction from Wedbush Morgan has it right, prospective Xbox 360 customers may want to hold onto their cash until later this year. Analyst Michael Pachter believes that Microsoft has some impressive product bundles in-store for holiday season 2010.

At bare minimum, the firm anticipates the introduction of a more feature-packed Xbox 360 as the standard SKU, likely with a 250GB hard drive, for $299. Even more probable, according to Pachter, is a slim version of the Xbox 360 with 250GB of storage and Project Natal included for $299.

In case you haven't priced Redmond's offerings in a while, $299 currently gets you an Xbox 360 Elite bundle with a 120GB hard drive, so a sleeker, more capacious console packaged with Microsoft's new motion controller technology would be an astounding deal.

In other news, Microsoft will follow through with plans to pull the plug on original Xbox Live games. You still have a few hours to fire up Halo 2 and hurl a few frags, or you can join the folks over at Giant Bomb as they live-stream the service's final minutes.

Permalink to story.

I think it will be even more of a deal. Elite with Natal for $250.

Funny, I heard they were bundling the slim 360 with Natal, Halo Reach and your mom.

Oooo! "Your mom" jokes!

I never believe market Analysts as a rule. They don't have any special insights which anyone who reads the news knows. If they site some manufacturing plant information leak, then there might be more weight to the story. But I do hope that they're right on with the $299 Slim + 250 GB hard drive + Natall device.

can i just get the xbox 360 without "Natal" ? and whats the point in a slim version anyway. it sits there under the TV, why should i care if the box is slightly smaller?

I want a Xbox 720 that kicks PS3's *** when it comes to hardware, until then i see no point in changing anything.

JudaZ, I don't know, but I guess Microsoft might still have a version without Natal for the hardcore gamer, though it will probably disappear in the long run. The smaller box just like Natal are for the Wii crowd, who wants a good looking accessory with cool features, rather than a console with hardcore games. Since I belong to that crowd (though I don't mind hardcore games), I do think it's a selling point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back