Anatomy of a Monitor: Know Your Hardware

"...under 2 inches deep. Compared to monitors of old, they take up very little space..."

I used to have a pair of high-refresh CRTs that were two and half feet deep ... and they put out so much heat, my office always ran several degrees warmer than the rest of the building.

Another great article in the series.

Something to think about is when you’re imagining how small the sub-pixels are on a new 4K laptop monitor, imagine how small they are on a native 4K projector, where the image engine is only a few inches across!

"...under 2 inches deep. Compared to monitors of old, they take up very little space..."

I used to have a pair of high-refresh CRTs that were two and half feet deep ... and they put out so much heat, my office always ran several degrees warmer than the rest of the building.

You should have been a 911 operator "in the day". 2 dispatchers & a telephone call taker, each station had 3 17" monitors, plus the computers to run it, radio consoles, huge map, reel to reel tape recorder that was 5 feet high. After the sheriff went home from the evening, we'd bend a paper clip and insert it into the plastic cover for the AC control and crank it down. With a big box fax, it almost kept the dispatch room cool.

Keep producing great content like this, TechSpot. These are the reasons you are always top notch for me and I believe many of your readers too.

Kindly avoid the "political" things, they only divide and repel. Thanks.

Back